Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears chocolate peanut candy - Slab Style !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears chocolate peanut candy - Slab Style !

So after the fun with the funnel and the paper cases - see first thread.

I decided to make a bar and cut it into squares.

Remembered I had a silicon bread tin, which would be ideal.
    Next time I'll actually melt it all together in the 'tin' and save washing up the glass bowl

As simple as this stuff is to make - it's really really good. So far everyone who's tried it, loves it. I took the first batch to tai-chi and had a few, 'dunno about that' before trying and 'bloody hell that's good' after trying.

There's a great lad who works there I offered one to. Turned out peanut butter was one of his favourite foods. He popped on of these in his mouth and went into ecstacy. So I gave him the rest that were left

My next batch is going to be with crunchy peanut butter.

For me the key is in using quality chcocolate. This gives a really firm set to the candy that can be kept at room temperature without going soft.
    And while it's set inside about 20 minutes - it really firms up overnight and develops a firmer, grainier texture

I'm still keeping to the 2.5/2.5/4 batch size. Simply for health reasons
    Although I did buy a silicon brownie 'tin' yesterday for when i eventually make a double batch :-)

And the milk chocolate ones are definitely better than the plain chocolate ones
    Attached Files
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Good looking treats there!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

CA,
      I showed Mrs Bear, and told her the slab cut into chunks would be a lot easier.

She said they wouldn't be as nice in the serving dish at Christmas & Easter.

LOL---As for the amount----If we make a big batch twice a year, and you make a small batch every week, which is harder on your health. They will last in the Fridge for months, if you can keep your chocolate coated paws off of them.

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

They will last in the Fridge for months,
        not round here they won't ! plus doesn't get kept in the fridge - no need. Stays really firm at room temp :-)
        I think it's probably because I'm using really high cocoa butter white chocolate.
        Cheap too - but that's the yum-yum shop for you. I think most of their stock falls off the back of misdirected shipping containers
        Who cares those white chocolate bars are 2 for a £1 :-)

And yes you're right about small batches in multiple iterations - although I'm on my third batch in a week - got a crunchy peanut butter slab ready for cutting
        Which I did melt and mix in the silicone 'tin' - worked a treat.

Yeah for presents I would/will make them directly in the paper cases and maybe stick a peanut on top of each for presentation- but just for us and everyday eating, slab's easier.

never hurts to have options

Oh and curse you for coming up with this stuff - it's highly addictive !

And there's no way to make it healthier. Although, I could mix some of the defatted peanut flour with melted chocolate instead of peanut butter.

Hmm, have to try that at some point.
        But the flour's a limited resource and peanut butter's cheap and plentiful.

Ah screw it, as long as I don't eat a whole slab all by myself in one go - it won't kill me (probably)
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. After weeks of watching what I eat I see multiple threads about how easy it is to make something made up of two of my biggest weaknesses. So, CA. Does the chocolate peanut butter goodness release easily from the silicone pan? I have a two day weekend coming up and plan to do a lot of cooking. I simply must make some of these!!
          Weber Smoky Joe
          18" Weber Silver
          22.5" Weber Gold
          22.5" Weber Silver
          UDS X 2
          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
          Blackstone three burner flat top
          5" AMZNPS
          Vortex x 2
          Maverick ET 73
          Maverick ET 732
          Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
          Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
          Pitmaster iQue 110
          sigpic

Comment

Great idea Alex! I'm still resisting temptation to make these...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              not round here they won't ! plus doesn't get kept in the fridge - no need. Stays really firm at room temp :-)
              I think it's probably because I'm using really high cocoa butter white chocolate.
              Cheap too - but that's the yum-yum shop for you. I think most of their stock falls off the back of misdirected shipping containers
              Who cares those white chocolate bars are 2 for a £1 :-)

And yes you're right about small batches in multiple iterations - although I'm on my third batch in a week - got a crunchy peanut butter slab ready for cutting
              Which I did melt and mix in the silicone 'tin' - worked a treat.

Yeah for presents I would/will make them directly in the paper cases and maybe stick a peanut on top of each for presentation- but just for us and everyday eating, slab's easier.

never hurts to have options

Oh and curse you for coming up with this stuff - it's highly addictive !

And there's no way to make it healthier. Although, I could mix some of the defatted peanut flour with melted chocolate instead of peanut butter.

Hmm, have to try that at some point.
              But the flour's a limited resource and peanut butter's cheap and plentiful.

Ah screw it, as long as I don't eat a whole slab all by myself in one go - it won't kill me (probably)

Third Batch!!!

I gotta agree with most of what you're saying.

However,
              We would make it in a slab for ourselves but we never make it for ourselves. It's only for big get togethers, and I get the extra leftover ones.

Ours don't have to stay in the fridge either, but I find them much better when cold----Hell I always keep my Reece's PB Cups in the freezer!!!

Glad you enjoy them !!!

Bear
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                Great idea Alex! I'm still resisting temptation to make these...

Why fight it----Give it up!!

Bear

Comment

That is great way to make them. I know the batch I made the other day lasted about 3 days, but I am kind of a piggy. I can see why one would not want these around.
                  The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing.

YS-640

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
                    Thanks a lot guys. After weeks of watching what I eat I see multiple threads about how easy it is to make something made up of two of my biggest weaknesses. So, CA. Does the chocolate peanut butter goodness release easily from the silicone pan? I have a two day weekend coming up and plan to do a lot of cooking. I simply must make some of these!!
                    They should come right out of the silicone tray.

Waiting to go shopping, need white chocolate, then I'm on this. I've got the mold so I might just try this several ways. Wife's not gonna be happy! She's on a diet and she was bitching cause I made fudge the other day lol oops!
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah, comes right out, no stick at all.

Oh and the ones with crunchy peanut butter.......Even better !
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Weber Smoky Joe
                        18" Weber Silver
                        22.5" Weber Gold
                        22.5" Weber Silver
                        UDS X 2
                        5" AMZNPS
                        Vortex x 2
                        Maverick ET 73
                        Maverick ET 732
                        Pitmaster iQue 110
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been chomping at the bit to whip up a batch of these.....it's gonna happen this weekend for sure!
                          sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

I'll be starting the weekend off with a batch of these tonight. 7-12 in the forecast for Sunday/Monday . I'll worry about that then. Tonight it's candy and tomorrow it's BBQ -A-Thon!
                            Weber Smoky Joe
                            18" Weber Silver
                            22.5" Weber Gold
                            22.5" Weber Silver
                            UDS X 2
                            5" AMZNPS
                            Vortex x 2
                            Maverick ET 73
                            Maverick ET 732
                            Pitmaster iQue 110
                            sigpic

Comment

Made a batch of these yesterday....they'll be gone by tonight.
                              Addictive little devils they are.
                              Thanks a bunch for the recipe Bear
                              sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Working...
                              X