Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Supreme at Amazon.com - $359!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sous Vide Supreme at Amazon.com - $359!!

Just in case someone has a tax return burning a hole in their pocket, this is a helluva price for one of these puppies!

They started oot around $500, then gradually dropped all the way down to this price...I ended up getting mine for $400... kinda wish I had waited!

Click here for instant wood...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

The price was $429 when I added it to my Wish List in mid-February. Too good to pass up now, so I ordered it. Thanks for the heads-up!

The only downside is that I JUST made a CC payment.
    Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
    ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
    Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
    Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

Thanks for the info...the wife would kill me right now.. just dropped a few bones on the gasser...hmmmm is it worth it to hear crap from the Mrs.........
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ozric View Post
        The price was $429 when I added it to my Wish List in mid-February. Too good to pass up now, so I ordered it. Thanks for the heads-up!

The only downside is that I JUST made a CC payment.
        Still a good move! Worth every penny IMHO!

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
        Thanks for the info...the wife would kill me right now.. just dropped a few bones on the gasser...hmmmm is it worth it to hear crap from the Mrs.........
        Two answers...

1. You may spend a night on the couch after buying it.
        2. She'll love what comes oot of it... it will be worth it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

The Sous Vide machine we purchased was from SAM's Club - http://www.samsclub.com/sams/supreme...rchTerm=553529

This one was $299.98 plus tax for model# 553529, with free shipping to your home. SAM's Club also offers an optional 3 year warranty for $39.95. Also with all SAM's Club purchases they offer a 90 day, 100% money back, no questions asked if you do not care for the product.

We received ours a few weeks ago but we have either been too busy or there has been -50ºF wind chills for us to try it with the grill...
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Sho nuff would like one Cat Daddy p3...but me laptop got fried/died/laid tooo the side round of wedge a week ago so'z Louie bought me a new un! Been geetin me brain into it's that Suzy gig & I like it! Uhhh...my partners/sons said...big azz Blackstone griddle from Lowe's first for our hangar! CEO...Linda Lou Hall...
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

You're kiliin' me Phil, can I just borrow yours?
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I am sure someone has mentioned a few other options for a sous vide circulator for about $200.00

As a matter of fact, if you have a PID controller for your smoker, all you need is a water heater ($10.00 to $20.00) and a submersible fountain pump ($5.00 to $15.00) and your beer cooler, you got yourself a SV cooker right there.

dcarch

Comment

Originally posted by dcarch View Post
                  I am sure someone has mentioned a few other options for a sous vide circulator for about $200.00

As a matter of fact, if you have a PID controller for your smoker, all you need is a water heater ($10.00 to $20.00) and a submersible fountain pump ($5.00 to $15.00) and your beer cooler, you got yourself a SV cooker right there.

dcarch
                  True dat, butt I needed instant gratification, plus I wanted the oven.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                    You're kiliin' me Phil, can I just borrow yours?
                    Come on over Jim!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201044468635...84.m1423.l2649

Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I might end up with a circulator also... just to experience the difference... Been kicking it around. Gotta have one that reads F and not C tho... ain't gonna do the conversion thing.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

that cheapo circulator looks interesting mark.

Had a pretty good month so far, if I leave the money in the bank it just goes down in the quiet periods and you've got nothing to show for it.

But if I buy a nice toy, I actually get something tangible for my efforts

was thinking about a half decent tablet, but a sous vide thingy would be a lot more fun :-)
                          And with two netbooks, two pcs, a low power tablet I rarely touch and a raspberry pi - I don't need another computer

Mind you my car needs a service - decisons decisions

How many litres is your cooker volume phil ?

There's one for around £100 but it's only 5.5 litres.
                          Same oven is sold by a lot of retailers with one badge or another.

Circulators seem to be a lot more.

Just wondering if I'd get a 2-3 lb pork belly joint in it.
                          (there's one on the freezer for when I get time and inclination for a long slow cook)
                          Last edited by curious aardvark; 03-05-2014, 05:39 AM.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                            that cheapo circulator looks interesting mark.

Had a pretty good month so far, if I leave the money in the bank it just goes down in the quiet periods and you've got nothing to show for it.

But if I buy a nice toy, I actually get something tangible for my efforts

was thinking about a half decent tablet, but a sous vide thingy would be a lot more fun :-)

Mind you my car needs a service - decisons decisions

How many litres is your cooker volume phil ?

There's one for around £100 but it's only 5.5 litres.
                            Circulators seem to be a lot more.

Just wondering if I'd get a 2-3 lb pork belly joint in it.
                            It holds 11.2 Liters of water... should be plenty big for your belly!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

so your's is twice the volume but 3x the price.
                              Hmm, defintiely give it some serious thought.
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X