My new Sous Vide Supreme has landed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Sous Vide Supreme has landed!

Thanks to HH's tip on the price reduction of the Sous Vide Supreme, I moved it from my Wishlist to the cart...and it is now here! It arrived yesterday, right before I was going to start on dinner, so I figured "what the heck" and ran a tri-tip through it.

I seasoned it with Tatonka Dust and Devil Salt, bagged it and let it sit in the fridge while the Supreme came up to temp (134°F). I then cooked it for 2.5 hours, followed by a quick sear.

Results: best texture for a finished tri-tip yet.

Like any tool, the SVS will take a little time to dial in, but I've got a feeling that I'll never prepare an expensive cut of meat any other way again (well, mostly). I want to try some fish next (Sprouts has some fresh, wild-caught seabass; might try that).

I've had the thing less than 24 hours and love it already. I've rearranged my kitchen counters so it has a permanent place out and usable.

No photos yet. Sorry. I was having too much fun playing. I'll do a full workup soon.

=====

By the way, I just checked Amazon, and one vendor is still pricing the unit at $360 + $12 shipping. It was $430 when I added it to my Wishlist a month ago. Don't know if this price will last or not.
    Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
    ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
    Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
    Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Congrats on the new toy!! I imagine it is fun to play with!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! Congrats! Can't wait to see picture results! Sous Vide is on my wishlist for sure... but it will be a while unfortunately. :(
      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
      Frogmats
      Maverick ET 732
      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the new toy! I love mine, and yes, I'll be cooking most of me steaks that way for sure! Glad you like it... it is yet another addiction...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Anyone done any soft boiled eggs yet?

I saw a show about that once and they said the eggs were the bomb
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Leg of lamb ($2.99 a lb on sale)for dinner last night. 131F for 24 hours sous vide.

I can't see spending $16 a lb for rack of lamb, which, taking into consideration of bones and fat, works out to be $30.00 a lb for meat.

The leg of lamb was just as tender and delicious.

The money you save, quickly pays for the appliance.

dcarch

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post

Funny you should ask. I'll be adding a new thread in a minute on JUST that subject!
              Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
              ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
              Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)

Comment

Congrats on the new toy, will be watching and learning!
                --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post

Originally posted by Ozric View Post
                  Funny you should ask. I'll be adding a new thread in a minute on JUST that subject!
                  Looking forward to this ...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Awesome, congrats on the unit. Can't wait to see more!
                    I'm still working on my Polyscience Sous Vide Professional Immersion Circulator clone.

Comment

Originally posted by SQWIB View Post
                      Awesome, congrats on the unit. Can't wait to see more!
                      I'm still working on my Polyscience Sous Vide Professional Immersion Circulator clone.
                      Ahhhh, Dr. FrankenSQWIB, pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Thanks! And looking forward to the photos from your attic lab.

Comment

Working...
                      X