My Organic Garden...I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Organic Garden...I think

well since some of you all have been talking about their garden i wanted to show mine off a little.....now when i say organic i have not used any chemicals whatso ever on my garden the only thing i have done is a tsp of miracle gro when i planted the seedlings so i dont know if this could be called organic or not....but anyhoo...as you can see my tomatoes are looking thin and burned up the heat is getting to them....

but i do have plenty of tomatoes on there for how long

and 1 cuke and a couple of squashes

my stand alone okra ( i think )

and my peppers plants they have not produce anything yet but have tons of flowers on them....

haberanos

japs

poblano and purple & green bell peppers

my bell peppers are almost as tall as i am..i hope they start producing

another shot of my garden

and todays harvest and if youe notice the splits in some of those tomatoes that is because of the heat...

thanks for looking at my garden.....
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Fine looking garden. Nothing like your own home grown veggies.
    Col. Big Guy

Comment

Dang! I wish I could grow somthing! Very nice garden, there Mike, if you don't put anything on it how do you keep the bugs and snails away?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
        Dang! I wish I could grow somthing! Very nice garden, there Mike, if you don't put anything on it how do you keep the bugs and snails away?
        i really dont have a problem with bugs or snails..in fact the only plant i have that has been attacked is my okra plant and it was a worm that i took off..other than that i dont really do anything to it but let nature take its course.....now if i was having a bad garden or something then i probably would use chemicals but i try to keep it light on those...but fortunaly i havent had to do anything this year ...just the heat is the biggest problem.....
        Mike
        Oklahoma City
        Weber 22.5 Performer
        GOSM 3405gw
        Boomer Sooner Drum
        Maverick ET-732
        A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Rite fine garden mike an love the brick house!
          sigpic

Comment

Hmmm what about a fine water mist.. a hunk of plugged hose with pinholes to keep a fine mist on the 'maters in the heat of the day??
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice garden....I feel your pain with the heat. With our raised bed's, Louie & I get enough off for usin's. Normally we gotta give it away to our parent's. Ain't happenin this year. Got a Roma in a container on the deck just as happy as ever, nearly 6' tall and producin. Drink's around 5 gallon's aday.
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Hmmm what about a fine water mist.. a hunk of plugged hose with pinholes to keep a fine mist on the 'maters in the heat of the day??
                thats a good idea and i have thought of something similar but i was told by my BIL who is a master gardner ( in is own mind ) that something liked that would probably steam the plant leaves making then wiltee and doing no good...he said with the heat water real early in the morn and/or late at night ...so thats what im doing...i think if we can get past this heat i might get maters until october but we still have another 4-6 weeks of heat...so we will see
                Mike
                Oklahoma City
                Weber 22.5 Performer
                GOSM 3405gw
                Boomer Sooner Drum
                Maverick ET-732
                A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
                  thats a good idea and i have thought of something similar but i was told by my BIL who is a master gardner ( in is own mind ) that something liked that would probably steam the plant leaves making then wiltee and doing no good..
                  Every gram of water that evaporates removes 540 calories of heat... from your smoker OR tomato leaves... just sayin'...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

They make a soaker hose what wets the ground but not the plant. Yall could put that on a timer.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travcoman45 View Post
                      They make a soaker hose what wets the ground but not the plant. Yall could put that on a timer.
                      Might just be the plant you wanna wet Tip...for cooling purposes.. I dunno...just shootin' from the hip. But I do have a sawed off...

Comment

yea i thought about a soaker hose that i could bury but its the leaves that are hurting i would think the roots are good
                        Mike
                        Oklahoma City
                        Weber 22.5 Performer
                        GOSM 3405gw
                        Boomer Sooner Drum
                        Maverick ET-732
                        A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Shade nettin? Hey I ain't no gardener, just thins I've seen.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really like the soaker hoses, as you don't want to get the foilage wet in the hot sun. Here I have ran 3, 75 ft. soaker hoses and a 50 footer. I have yet to tie them all together because my garden was flooded last month. I lost alot of plants, the row on the left is all in 15 foot increments., pickling cuckes, slicing cukes, watermelon, cantalope and winter squash. I ended up with 8, pickle plants, 2 slicers, Zero Watermelon, 2 catalope and 1 delicatta winter squash plant due to the rain we had and I left quite a bit of space for the vines to sprawl out. The next row to the right is bell pepper, and seperating the hot from the bells is egg plant, then anchos, Anehiem, super chili. japs, tomatillos and red cabbage.. in the next row is a variety of tomatos. then on the right early and late grean cabbage and green bea After and perpendicular to these rows are wala wala onions and shallots, and only 9, 18 foot rows of sweet corn,pumpkins and sunflowers.
                            What I really like about the soaker hose is, you are not watering the weeds ( not that they seem to need any ) and I don't get eaten alive by the squitters.

Last edited by SmokinLee; 07-24-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I finally got them tied together today. no pic's though. just some tee's and a couple 90's.

Comment

Working...
                              X