X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly Science Sous Vide Professional Immersion Circulator Clone

Finaly Finished

Poly Science Sous Vide Professional Immersion Circulator Clone

First Sous Vide Top Round on the new unit.

The food looks great!
    But I must say again - I do not understand why you are re-inventing the wheel with the circulator. I have a HAAKE C1 and it holds temp within .1°F. Unless you just want the digital readout?
    The water bath that came with my unit holds 4.5 gallons .
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks Great SQWIB !!!

Does that equipment & method make that top round as tender as Smoked Prime Rib??

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
        The food looks great!
        But I must say again - I do not understand why you are re-inventing the wheel with the circulator. I have a HAAKE C1 and it holds temp within .1°F. Unless you just want the digital readout?
        well they are two different items mark.
        Yours is a fixed volume unit. Whereas sqwib can attach his to pretty much any container he likes and turn that into a sous vide cooker.
        Smaller, bigger - whatever.

Has more versatility and in the event of his home water boiler dying he can even use it to heat his bath up :-) (might take a few hours - but you plan ahead with sous vide anway :-)

Got to say the meat looks perfect

So dare we ask how many of your best american dollars this thing set you back ?
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          Yours is a fixed volume unit. Whereas sqwib can attach his to pretty much any container he likes and turn that into a sous vide cooker.

Has more versatility and in the event of his home water boiler dying he can even use it to heat his bath up :-) (might take a few hours - but you plan ahead with sous vide anway :-)

Mine is not a fixed volume unit, the circulator is removable. I can put it on anything I want, from a cooler to a soup kettle just like SQWIB's.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by SQWIB View Post
            The board was fried and there wasn't a thermometer/thermostat thingy with it.
            Now it makes sense!
            Mark
            sigpic

Comment

So, does it use lump or briquets? Looks great bro, and the food is

One thing for sure, you can tell how to turn it on! That's a power switch!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                The food looks great!
                The Haake E52 was a broken unit sold as is, there was no way to use it as is that's why I opted for a hack. I knew that going into it, I didn't even expect the heater to work so Basically I was banking on a frame with a functioning circulator but I made out better.

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                Looks Great SQWIB !!!

Does that equipment & method make that top round as tender as Smoked Prime Rib??

Bear
                Not really, maybe if I cooked it longer like 30 hours, it does however have a different texture, somewhat.
                Best way I can describe it is as, being dense but tender, if that makes sense. The bite through is clean sort of like a chicken breast feel, like I said it's hard to explain.
                I was actually a bit surprised that HawgHeavens London Broil came out tender at the short time he cooked his, I was going to do some london broil at 24 hours 36 hours and 48 hours and compare. but after Hawgheavens success and the results of this cook I may cut the times to 4 hours 12 and 24 for a test.

The brisket (Corned Beef) was extremely tender and more moist than its counter part the "Pastrami" that was cooked on the pit for 3.5 hours.

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

Money for the build without mistakes? lol. about ($115.00)
                Build with mistakes or parts over ordered ($160.00)
                considering the Haake was 58.00 shipped and the controller was $33.00 But if you factor in the two extra switches I ordered ($7.00), I already had one, the Paint, clear coat and orange and primer($14.00) Red paint that wasn't used ($5.00) extra probes I ordered 3 ($18.00) Heatsink and thermal paste which I didn't even use ($18.00)

Poly Science Clone - Priceless lol

Comment

Working...
                X