New York Strip Steak - SV style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Strip Steak - SV style

First time trying the Sous Vide method... so we had 1" New York Strip steaks.

-----

Seasoned the steaks with Tatonka Dust and vacuumed sealed them.

-----

Now into the Sous Vide water bath set at 134º for 2 hours.

-----

Seasoned potatoes and veggies with Big Poppa's Bacon Jallelujah rub.

-----

Put the potatoes and veggies on the grill, smoking with some oak.

-----

Steaks getting some sears marks on the GrillGrates.

-----

Steak plated...

-----

Here is the money shot... honestly done to perfection for our preference and it was so tender and full of flavor. Will be using the Sous Vide method more often, love it!

Thanks for looking!
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Those look great1 I am not sure I get it though...why do it? Is the steak that much better?? Maybe I just need to try one...not sure where though.. Did a ribeye tonight and it look pretty much like yours as far as doneness and it was tender....is it about getting it done perfectly every time?
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks great!
      Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
      Those look great1 I am not sure I get it though...why do it? Is the steak that much better?? Maybe I just need to try one...not sure where though.. Did a ribeye tonight and it look pretty much like yours as far as doneness and it was tender....is it about getting it done perfectly every time?
      I should be getting mine by Wednesday, you can come to my place Saturday and try one I think Cheryl said the texture was a bit different. Plus when it's cooked in the bag it's cooking in its own juices.
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great meal Marty
        sigpic

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

You rocked it Marty! Done to perfection!

Barkonbutts, it is a texture thing for sure. You set it to the internal temp you want your product to be, and that's where it goes. Perfect every thyme!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              You rocked it Marty! Done to perfection!

Barkonbutts, it is a texture thing for sure. You set it to the internal temp you want your product to be, and that's where it goes. Perfect every thyme!
              Interesting. Let me ask this what do you do if you need to cook 4 steaks to four different ways from rare to well done? will cooking more over the coals change the texture?
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                Interesting. Let me ask this what do you do if you need to cook 4 steaks to four different ways from rare to well done? will cooking more over the coals change the texture?

All good questions----I'm listening!!!

I find this interesting too.

Must have to cold smoke it first----Not a lot of smoke getting through the plastic.

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                X