Pellets Pellets Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellets Pellets Pellets

We just got our delivery of pellets, 12000 lbs of them.

So far we have reached out to pellet heads in NJ, DE, MD, PA & NY.

Flavors: Lumber Jack: Pecan Blend, 100% Maple, 100% apple, 100% hickory, 100% Cherry, MHC blend, OHC blend, Mesquite blend

Cookin Pellets: 100% hickory, Perfect mix(on the way)

Happy smokin!
    John
    Yoder YS 640 (USA)
    Traeger Texas(USA)
    Lumber Jack & Cookin Pellets
    ET732
    www.smokinwoodpellets.com
    sigpic

whew that will keep ya smoken for a while!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Any S-M website specials?
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I'll come up with something richtee
        John
        Yoder YS 640 (USA)
        Traeger Texas(USA)
        ET732
        sigpic

Comment

I pick up my pellets at the local store for $0.125 per pound. What are your selling them for?
          Yoder YS480
          Yoder Cheyenne
          Weber Kettle w/ Rotissieri
          Kettlepizza

Comment

Originally posted by veryolddog View Post
            I pick up my pellets at the local store for $0.125 per pound. What are your selling them for?
            $5 per 40 pound bag??
            Wow---That's only a little more than I pay for my home heating pellets.

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

B & B.
              Yoder YS480
              Yoder Cheyenne
              Kettlepizza

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                $5 per 40 pound bag??
                Wow---That's only a little more than I pay for my home heating pellets.
                But I doubt you go pick up a couple tons. Well, maybe ya do... but shipping...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  But I doubt you go pick up a couple tons. Well, maybe ya do... but shipping...

No, I buy them by the ton, and my Son picks up two tons at a time. Last year in Summer (cheaper) I paid $219 per ton, and the year before $209.
                  That's about as cheap as you can get them in PA---Home Depot has that same price.

I wouldn't want to cook with them.

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by veryolddog View Post
                    Veryolddog,

I only buy, sell & use pellets designed for cooking. I pay more than you buy them for retail(a lot more). I'm not sure what you are using, but if its good for you
                    John
                    Yoder YS 640 (USA)
                    Traeger Texas(USA)
                    ET732
                    sigpic

Comment

There's a hardware store in my area where they have an end of year sale every October on B & B pellets. B & B is a Texas company and also makes charcoal. These pellets are also sold all year round by Academy Sports for $10.00 for 20.00 lbs. They are a combination pellet which is made of oak and apple or oak and hickory or oak and mesquite, etc. There seems to be some discussion that these pellets are made by BBQ Delight and placed in bags for B & B.

I see no reason why anyone cannot take advantage of a sale in this day and age to acquire a quality product for less. This is what is left of a capitalistic society and free enterprise. And, there is a compelling financial incentive to purchase that product.

If you are in an area where there is no competition and only a few users, then you will enjoy the benefit of your oligopolistic economy. Fortunately, Texas is a BBQ and Food Smoking State and just about every back yard has a cooker of some kind. So, for the outdoor cooker, there is a major benefit to competition.

I feel bad for those who have to pay more for the same product that I purchase. However, you guys in the Northeast are rich and have lots of money to pay taxes for social justice so that this really does not matter to you.

I also own a ranch in NE New Mexico and I have to be very cost conscience with respect to operating expenses. When I am there, I only cook on wood because it is there to pick off of the ground. In my case the biggest costs are electricity and diesel fuel which operate water pumps to feed the herds brought in from Texas to graze all summer long and to irrigate a 1000 acres of hay which is sold commercially, primarily to Florida horse breeders.

So, I am always looking for a bargain.
                      Yoder YS480
                      Yoder Cheyenne
                      Kettlepizza

Comment

VOD, is this the company??
                        B&B CHARCOAL CO.
                        P.O. BOX 230
                        WEIMAR, TX 78962
                        John
                        Yoder YS 640 (USA)
                        Traeger Texas(USA)
                        ET732
                        sigpic

Comment

That price would make me a little nerves of what is being used to make the pellets. I will agree some companies are trying to get over on people. We have a hardware store here that is charging about 20 buck for a 20lb back, an that is a screw people over kind of price. I may not being paying that much, but I sure cant get as low as you.

There is a flip side to being in a area that has a lot of competition, with everyone trying to get the lowest price something has to give. Most times its either quality of product or jobs/pay.
                          The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing.

YS-640

Comment

The B&B pellets that veryolddog is talking about are in fact made by BBQRs Delight, and copacked for B&B. Are they the exact same pellets? That would be a question for Candy Weaver. Good on you veryolddog, you are lucky to have a source close to you.

Just for information: ATBBQ.COM has BBQRs Delight for $8 a bag in 56 bag lots (pallet) of one flavor, and $10 a bag in 28 bag lots (1/2 pallet) of one flavor, both plus shipping of course. http://www.atbbq.com/store/show/bbqr...ht-pallet.html

They also have a 3 bag pack which you can mix flavors, if you call and ask, for $59.99, including shipping. http://www.atbbq.com/store/show/bbq-pellet-3pack.html

I normally buy 2 - 4 pallets at a time from them. Best price anywhere. I use BBQRs Delight because they are the preferred pellets of Yoder Smokers, and they have no bark in them.
                            G'Pa Herb's herbs
                            KCBS CBJ CTC

Yoder YS640 w/black comp cart
                            Custom made Chimney mount for Mavericks w/6' leads

Pictures of my "tool" http://smoked-meat.com/forum/album.php?albumid=258

Comment

Originally posted by qkrx7 View Post

There is a flip side to being in a area that has a lot of competition, with everyone trying to get the lowest price something has to give. Most times its either quality of product or jobs/pay.
                              Damn straight. I will turn down a job that forces me to use crap equipment/parts because I have to warrantee it. And I don't go cheap on the Mad Hunky ingredients either.

Comment

Working...
                              X