Brisket needs to be ready to serve in 6 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisket needs to be ready to serve in 6 hours

Ok, I have company coming over today in 6 hours. I had planned to cook pork ribs until they let me know yesterday afternoon that the wife does not eat pork! I ran to the store and got a brisket, but all they had was a packer brisket. I trimmed it and let it sit in the fridge for at least a few hours (about 4-5 or so) and put it in last night at 8:30 at 225. Fast forward to right now, about 10 hours later and the internal temp is at about 163. Just moved the temp in the smoker up to 250 and I plan to foil the brisket shortly, but is there anything else I can to do be sure this is ready to serve (and isn't super tough) in about 6 hours? Help please!

Foil it That's what I'd try, you need some "rest" time in there too...
    Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
    Weber 22.5" WSM
    Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
    Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
    Weber Smokey Joe
    GMG Daniel Boone
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
    6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
    Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
    The Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
      Foil it That's what I'd try, you need some "rest" time in there too...
      Yeah, I am planning to do that very shortly unless I hear something else from you guys.

Man, I hate not being prepared. :( I also hate to "waste" $80 worth of meat... :(

Comment

I think you'll be okay, but you can jack up the temp a bit, won't hurt anything.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
          I think you'll be okay, but you can jack up the temp a bit, won't hurt anything.
          How high can I/should I take it?

Comment

250-275, you'll be fine.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Foil it. I usually pan mine after a nice bark has formed and foil around 165-ish.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                250-275, you'll be fine.

Alright, the current plan then is to double foil it and put the temp up to 275.

And then pray (it is Sunday morning, right?)

Thanks for the advice all! :)

Comment

you will be fine.. stick with what others are saying here.. temps 250*-265* and everything will be fine.. try to let rest for 30 min in the juices if you can!!
                  Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                    you will be fine.. stick with what others are saying here.. temps 250*-265* and everything will be fine.. try to let rest for 30 min in the juices if you can!!
                    Wait.. I just foiled it and set it to 275. Is that too high?

Unless it gets to temp early, my plan is to pull it at 12:45 regardless of temp and let it sit in the cooler until 1:15. I'll let the guests know they will want to see it sliced. :)

Comment

I also vote foil and increase temp. Once the steam starts cooking it it'll rocket to probe tender with the quickness.
                      ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Its cooked for ten hours and is at 163...Right?...I think ya got nothing to worry about..Foil it and keep cookin...Once foiled it will rocket past the stall and be done before you know...

Lets us know how it turns out...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Its cooked for ten hours and is at 163...Right?...I think ya got nothing to worry about..Foil it and keep cookin...Once foiled it will rocket past the stall and be done before you know...

Lets us know how it turns out...
                          I will come back and post what happens (good or bad) but it won't be until later tonight or early tomorrow).

I wonder if company will find it amiss if I take photos of the brisket while they are there?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus52980 View Post
                            I wonder if company will find it amiss if I take photos of the brisket while they are there?
                            If they do...don't feed them.

Maybe even better..show them this thread... and the grief you went thru to accommodate them.
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus52980 View Post
                              I will come back and post what happens (good or bad) but it won't be until later tonight or early tomorrow).

Once they taste the magic they will understand why ya want share with us too...
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X