Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbecue Basket

Hello all.

Many of you know I have been involved with Scouting for some time now.

Our annual Golf Outing is in a few weeks and the wifey and myself decided to do a Barbecue Basket.

This outing benefits the troop by helping the kids afford summer camp, just to give an idea, Summer Camp is about $380.00 per kid and that does not include transportation, another $190.00 if the parent stays.

I usually don't get into asking folks for donations, yep I'm the guy that buys all my kids sale items instead of asking others to purchase. I end up with all kindsa of pizza's, chocolates, magazines, you get the picture

I have ordered some stuff for the basket but wanted to reach out to my fellow chefs for ideas.

If you make/sell a product that you would like to have in the basket, PM me, All I ask is for a discounted price so I can load this basket up, yep I gotta have the biggest basket.

Thanks in advance

SQWIB

PM me your addy and I will send some stuff to donate at no charge... Cause that's the way we roll

Let me know what you have or might need

I don't mind supporting some Good causes

Comment

Originally posted by Checkered Past View Post
      PM me your addy and I will send some stuff to donate at no charge... Cause that's the way we roll

Let me know what you have or might need

I don't mind supporting some Good causes
      Thank you kind sir, PM sent as far as items go, we just started this week, the wifeys going out shopping for stuff this week, I guess she's getting spices, rubs, sauces and stuff, I have been looking into "Q" ing tools (Man Stuff) , I just ordered a few books and a Taylor Digital thermometer.

Probably pick up some Tongs, Spatula, Lighter, smoking book, mop brush, grate brush, apron, etc...
      I'm Hoping some folks on here come up with some more good ideas.

Don't forget to toss in a few business cards if you have'em.

Again, thank you!

Comment

... Hey slow down so you don't buy it all before we can help out

I will look thru some of my BBQ books that do not show signs of wear, maybe some hot mitts, bear claws, Shot glasses (kidding) I dunno I will stay in touch with ya

Comment

I'm in for some of my BBQ sauce... PM me.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SQWIB View Post
            Thank you kind sir, PM sent as far as items go, we just started this week, the wifeys going out shopping for stuff this week, I guess she's getting spices, rubs, sauces and stuff, I have been looking into "Q" ing tools (Man Stuff) , I just ordered a few books and a Taylor Digital thermometer.
            Might wanna hold off on the rubs... I'll send a full line Mad Hunky package- Rub, both brines, a Hot Whang and what the heck..a Pizza Shake. No charge.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Checkered Past View Post
              ... Hey slow down so you don't buy it all before we can help out

I will look thru some of my BBQ books that do not show signs of wear, maybe some hot mitts, bear claws, Shot glasses (kidding) I dunno I will stay in touch with ya
              Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              I'm in for some of my BBQ sauce... PM me.
              Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Might wanna hold off on the rubs... I'll send a full line Mad Hunky package- Rub, both brines, a Hot Whang and what the heck..a Pizza Shake. No charge.
              Wow, you guys don't waste any time, it's greatly appreciated.

Hey Rich your Hot Whang Rub is on the menu (240 wings), send up some business cards if you can and I'll put them out with the wings.

Comment

Hey Rich your Hot Whang Rub is on the menu (240 wings), send up some business cards if you can and I'll put them out with the wings.
                Hmm you sure the one pound (you ordered..THANKS!) is enough?? I'll send along another half pound I got hanging here after a cook a couple weeks ago...
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

This is why this is the best forum on the net!! Amazing people here!!
                  Don

Humphrey's Pint
                  Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                  Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                  Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                  Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                  Anova One Sous Vide
                  AMPS
                  Purple Thermapen
                  Maverick ET-733
                  DigIQ DX2
                  Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Thank you everyone.

I'll make sure to post a pic of the basket, I'm sure it will be the hottest item there! lol

Comment

I'll make sure to post a pic of the basket, I'm sure it will be the hottest item there! lol
                      If you add some Hot Ass Whang to it, it's sure to be.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I remember the trips to Summer Camp, as a leader, not a scout. Went from a parent to Cubmaster, to Asst District Commissioner. All in a short period of time. We sold Christmas Wreaths and Popcorn, and I think we did a first aid kit also one year to help pay for camp. A BBQ basket is a awesome Idea.
                        Charbroil American Gourmet Deluxe Offset

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter431 View Post
                          I remember the trips to Summer Camp, as a leader, not a scout. Went from a parent to Cubmaster, to Asst District Commissioner. All in a short period of time. We sold Christmas Wreaths and Popcorn, and I think we did a first aid kit also one year to help pay for camp. A BBQ basket is a awesome Idea.
                          Its a pretty good deal... the golfers get a day to golf with their buddies and a great luncheon afterwards a chance to win some cool stuff, all the while helping the troop.
                          This year I'll be playing some videos of the boys at camp, so they can see their donations at work!

I told my wife how everyone was helping out and she said, "Your not going to want to give that basket up"

Here's a few pics on my website from last year

I'll see if I can find some pics of the baskets

Heres the Golf Outing Link

Comment

Hey guys, if anyone has anything they want me to put up on our sponsor board let me know.
                            Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                            X