Venison chops and shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venison chops and shrimp

There's nothing better than venison on the grill. Pulled out a package of chops. Found some shrimp while I was in the freezer too.

Seasoned a few with Montreal steak seasoning (my favorite) and put them on a 450+ grill. 3 minutes per side. No more. Let them rest and there's just a little pink inside. Perfect. Could have eaten them without teeth. Lol. It was getting dark by the time I finished, so you can't quite tell. Think I'll try the magic dust on the rest tonight.

The shrimp were just some small precooked ones, but what the heck. I threw them in a bowl with some lime juice for about an hour while I got other things ready. Then skewered them, drizzled a little more juice on and hit them with magic dust. It was a lime-chili type thing. Fantastic, I'll have to do it again with some better shrimp.

Made up a nice fresh salad to go with it. It was gloomy day and cleared off in the evening. Watching the sun go down, eating a great meal, having a couple barley pops out on the deck. Perfect. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Looking good. I will have to try the chili-lime shrimp. Nice looking venison chops too.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Lookin real good! may hafta see if my Dad has some venison in his freezer!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

mmm I gotta get something to eat... great grill, sir!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

good surf 'n' turf :-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby

Comment

Nice smoke Ray.
              SCOTT

Comment

Looks good as usual my friend...good job.

2 Weber Kettles
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
                Brinkman ECB
                Charbroil 940X
                Project UDS
                Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

Ray, your living life too well. Anyday of doing up some venison is a mighty fine day in my books.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
                    Ray, your living life too well. Anyday of doing up some venison is a mighty fine day in my books.
                    Hehe. Sometimes life can be good.
                    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    UniFlame Gas Grill
                    Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                    X