Got bourbon on my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got bourbon on my mind

My go to juice is Woodford Reserve. Thought I would try something different this weekend. Any opinions on this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400271509.065120.jpg

Fairly mellow. Mildly fruity and a bit of spice.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Sounds good to me. Though I'd rather have some of this (sorry found it online and couldn't resist the thread hijack)

There's aged whiskey, and then there's the Glenlivet 70 Year Old Whiskey ($21,000.00). The second release in Gordon & MacPhail's Generations range, this rare spirit was distilled on February 3, 1940, and comes in a gorgeous tear-shaped, hand-blown crystal decanter, with a silver stopper and base, and a handmade box crafted from Scottish Elm. Only 100 bottles were made.
    I could never fathom spending that much on whiskey, but I'd give it a pull just to see if it's really that much better.
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
      Sounds good to me. Though I'd rather have some of this (sorry found it online and couldn't resist the thread hijack)

I could never fathom spending that much on whiskey, but I'd give it a pull just to see if it's really that much better.
      Be careful... even a short pull gonna cost ya'. Me thinks, spending that kinda coin on whiskey could end up with that pointy thing being shoved where the sun don't shine...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        Be careful... even a short pull gonna cost ya'. Me thinks, spending that kinda coin on whiskey could end up with that pointy thing being shoved where the sun don't shine...
        Well let's see... assuming that's a 750 mL bottle, there's roughly 17 shots in it... $21,000 / 17... $1235.30 a shot. Think I'll pass!
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

my go to easy sippin reasonable liquid is Jim Beam black label double aged...

Comment

I have never really "got down with the brown" liquors. I like me some Jack Daniels and Maker's Mark on occasion, butt not as a go to.

Can't imagine spending $21K for a bottle of whiskey...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

You spend 21k on a bottle and I'm getting adopted!
              sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I guess that I am a rather simple man... I like my Knob Creek Bourbon as my go to bourbon. No friggin way in hell would I ever consider paying $21K for a bottle of booze!
                Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                Frogmats
                Maverick ET 732
                Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

I'm a cheap date, Jim Beam Red Stag spiced with cinnamon ICE COLD
                  Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                  My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                  @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                    I'm a cheap date, Jim Beam Red Stag spiced with cinnamon ICE COLD
                    Hmmmm, I'd try that...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      Hmmmm, I'd try that...
                      I do, probably more often than I should. Goes well on foiled ribs too I might add.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                        Well let's see... assuming that's a 750 mL bottle, there's roughly 17 shots in it... $21,000 / 17... $1235.30 a shot. Think I'll pass!

Say you're Bill Gates. You have an annual wage of 30 million a year vs your annual wages. Do the math, what is his shot cost vs your cost? He could take a shower in that stuff........... And still make his mortgage payment.

I saw a post on his 50 million house, and what his mortgage payment vs ours is relative to annual salary. It was like $25 a month for our house vs him to us he was sooo friggin rich.

Comment

What's the price? I bought another bottle of the Elmer T last week. They have 3 left in stock. It's a good value.
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I'm a Tennessee Squire...tried em all...Scotland.. Be fine...Cheers!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

When I go Brown Water I go Maker's as my go to.
                              ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Working...
                              X