got my reworked yoder back it time to smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my reworked yoder back it time to smoke

my Yoder Wichita had a warped door got it fixed ready have a summer of smoking fun
    bring on the yard bird and butts and ribs
    sigpic
    Yoder Loaded Wichita
    Maverick ET-732
    Weber Performer Platinum

woohoo! Time to party!
    Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
    Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
    A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
    A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
    Frogmats
    Maverick ET 732
    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Yum, yum first chick of summer
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      Yoder Loaded Wichita
      Maverick ET-732
      Weber Performer Platinum

Comment

Soo..did Yoder take care of the issue? Mmm yardbird... done hot, Nice!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

richtee, they fixed the door it fits a lot tighter now and it was sooooo much easy er to control the temp and only used half as much wood as it did last summer on this first cook but I still have some issue with temp difference from end to end not sure how to fix that will probably have to rotate meat every hour or two but it seams that the angle of heat management plate might have some thing to due with it I think if was more parallel it might let heat flow across more even but with it on a angle it is holding the heat to one end just a thought I might have to try to make one that is parallel to experiment with.
          sigpic
          Yoder Loaded Wichita
          Maverick ET-732
          Weber Performer Platinum

Comment

Glad to hear Yoder is still backing their products!! some great looking chicken!!
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Here's Wingman's (Rob's) review of the loaded Wichita. You may want to contact him direct with any remaining questions. Hope this helps.
              Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
              ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
              Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
              Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

Good looking Meal Deerspy...........Yum
                Steve

Comment

well I did a test to see how much the temp difference was from one end to the other for a after reworked door fit I put my temp probes in and they read 77 on end near fire box and 75 on end near stack started fire for rib cook when temp got up to 225 near fire closed er up with slab of spares in the middle between probes after getting temp to hold at 225 to 230 near fire the other end was 200 to 205 near stack ran it for 9 hours the temp very-ed 200 to 260 near fire box seams that was best I could due when it would cool down to 200 i would add two more sticks of hickory (about 2" by 16") and it would go to 260 every time the temp would stay within 25 degree at stack end so maybe I don't need a different heat management plate getting that door fit sure makes a big difference, now if I could just get those ribs up to 190 internal temp!
                  sigpic
                  Yoder Loaded Wichita
                  Maverick ET-732
                  Weber Performer Platinum

Comment

Don't worry bout cookin ribs to 190deg. You cook them till the meat pulls back off those bone tips about 1/2" and they show some bend when you pick em up

Comment

Looks like it "And You" did a real nice job on that Chicken!!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

thanks all
                        Deerspy
                        sigpic
                        Yoder Loaded Wichita
                        Maverick ET-732
                        Weber Performer Platinum

Comment

Working...
                        X