Salmon and Scallops on Rec Tec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon and Scallops on Rec Tec

Well, I got to wanting some salmon, usually I grill it hot and fast on the Weber but last night I went for 240 on the Rec Tec. Put the potatoes on about a half hour before the salmon, scallops and asparagus. Amazingly the salmon hit 135 right when the scallops were 145. I liked it and it was very well received by the wife which is all that really matters.
    Attached Files

Looks like a great meal to me!! very nice!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Oh brutha, you nailed that meal!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Thanks guys, it was pretty tasty ....... and pretty healthy. I've been doing so many ribs and pork butts lately it was time for a change. Of course, bad habits die hard, grilling pizza tonight and have butts to go on for tomorrow. Been playing with my Mad Hunky rubs and going to try some Hot Whang on two of the butts. I've got four total, I want to try the Hot Whang but my mission is to foil two of them at 160, then leave the other two cook unfoiled so I can learn the differences. I'm also going to use a vinegar based finishing sauce on two of tehm to see what difference that makes. I've got my ribs, steaks, fish, poultry and most everything else about where I want it to be, I want to work on my butts and briskets.

Comment

Excellent cook there Don.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Right nice...Like me scallops!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
            X