Stanley Cup goes for lunch In Thunder bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Cup goes for lunch In Thunder bay

The Hoito is a Finnish restaurant here in Thunder Bay very popular for its Finnish Pancakes ,also has a lot of history here . Jordan Staal had a cup showing at the pediatric ward of the Hospital then Fort William Gardens then went for lunch .
    Attached Files
    Bill
    There's room for all of Gods creatures.....Right next to my mashed Potatoes

Originally posted by Kamhillbilly View Post
    The Hoito is a Finnish restaurant here in Thunder Bay very popular for its Finnish Pancakes ,also has a lot of history here . Jordan Staal had a cup showing at the pediatric ward of the Hospital then Fort William Gardens then went for lunch .
    Cool stuff. Can't say I din't wish it was at Detroit's Children's hospital, tho (grumble)

Thanks for the pix!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Too cool.... Been a long time since I seen it here in Dallas ( The few days Derian Hatcher had it )... Maybe next season..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I forgot to mention when I first seen this title I thought "Uh Ohh..another drunken Cup incident involving divers this time"
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Finnish Pancake Recipe
          2 cups flour
          5 Tbsp. sugar
          2 tsp. baking powder
          1 tsp. baking soda
          1/2 tsp. salt
          4 eggs; slightly beaten
          1 cup yogurt
          1 cup water
          4 Tbsp. melted butter

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the flour mixture. Preheat griddle, oil lightly, and ladle 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, turn and cook until light brown. Serve immediately with the desired toppings.
          I can't be the only one who was intrigued about finnish pancakes :-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

My wife is a pure Finlander , Finn pancakes are the best if you make the batter let it sit in the fridge for a day or two makes better pancakes

Finnish Pancakes
            INGREDIENTS

two eggs
            2 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
            pinch of salt
            6 cups milk ( homogenized)
            all-purpose flour (approx. 2 cups)
            butter
            METHOD

Beat eggs, sugar and salt in large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
            Add milk and mix thoroughly.
            Beat in flour gradually until batter begins to thicken...you want it just right - not too runny or too heavy.
            Heat a frying pan to medium-high (a cast iron pan is recommended).
            Coat pan liberally with butter and pour in batter (about 1 cup) to cover 3/4 of the bottom; tilt pan to cover bottom evenly.
            When bubbles appear on top, flip pancake over. Don't burn - colour should be golden brown on top and medium brown on bottom when removed from pan. Keep warm in a warming tray or an oven-safe platter on stovetop, on low heat, while you continue.
            re-coat pan with butter and repeat procedure until you have a stack of fantastic pancakes
            Last edited by Kamhillbilly; 07-27-2009, 03:08 PM.
            Bill

Comment

This tradition to put the Cup on the road with winning team members in hockey is so cool. (I am not even a hockey fan by a little stretch) Does any other sport do this?
              Glen
              Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
              KCBS CBJ
              Blue Thermopen
              Profile:
              http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

No they don't and it's SUPER cool that they let that puppy go out into the public.
                At the Pro Football HOF in Canton I had the distinct pleasure of being able to touch a Super Bowl Trophy AND (It was not allowed) But I ALSO touched Jim Thorpes College Letter Sweater - the guy didn't know it, but it was going in for some cleaning, and the case was off, and I distracted him talking - and BELIEVE me I like to talk - and I snatched a touch of the sweater. Pretty cool - for me anyway.

Comment

It is cool that it goes to each player on team ( I imagine coaches manager etc also) Jordans brother Eric Staal had it here afew years ago. Imagine the job of Stanley Cup Keeper !
                  Bill

Comment

OMG!!!!! I LOVE THE HOITO!!!! I never thought I would be talking about it on here!!!! Whenever I get the chance to work T-Bay I am there almost everyday for pancakes!!!! Simply addictive!!! Sadly doesnt look like I am gonna be sent there this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DIPPER887 View Post
                      OMG!!!!! I LOVE THE HOITO!!!! I never thought I would be talking about it on here!!!! Whenever I get the chance to work T-Bay I am there almost everyday for pancakes!!!! Simply addictive!!! Sadly doesnt look like I am gonna be sent there this year!!!
                      Who do you work for Dipper ,not much for work going on around here unless you work for the Unemployment Office
                      Bill

Comment

"Sooo I pull into the parking lot for lunch and out pops this dude with Lord Stanley's cup"! SWEET... that is soooo cool, gotta love hockey! Got to touch it once.... all I can say is it is the best pro sport trophy for the best pro sport... That would be a very cool job, being the keeper of the cup...
                        Thanks for the post!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                        X