Suck It Pizza Hut!! Mad Hunky Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suck It Pizza Hut!! Mad Hunky Pizza

Rich sent me a sample of the pizza shake with my order and once I smelled it, the Italian in me started craving a wood fired pizza. Now my wife is a pizza connoisseur so I had a lot of proving to do. So I kept it simple with a pepperoni and mozzarella pizza and rubbed a little garlic herb butter on the crust at the end.

For the crust I used dsgarner06 recipe

Pizza Dough Recipe (ala Bobby Flay)
    ------------------------------------
    3 1/2 to 4 cups all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 envelope instant dry yeast
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
    2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons

Directions

Combine the flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.

Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.

I placed the pizza stone on the Yoder and set to 425 to heat up while I was assembling the pizza. I made my own sauce earlier in the day and let it cook down and cool. You can make your own sauce or even buy the ready made sauce at the store. The dough really expanded after setting an hour as you can see in the pics. So my pizza was a Chicago really deep dish. After the sauce was spread on the dough, I sprinkled a liberal amount of Mad Hunky Pizza Shake. Then laid the pepperoni and cheese down. By this time the Yoder was hot and ready to go. Also make sure if you use a pizza stone, that you place it on the smoker before you start it up. The stone can shatter with sudden temp changes. Since the crust was so thick, I cooked for 30 min with apple wood at 425 degrees. The crust was crisp on the outer edges and soft, but not doughy in the middle. I sprinkled a second round of Mad Hunky Pizza Shake about 5 min before I took the pizza off. Here's some pics of the step by step process. A side note, to transition the pizza to the stone, a pizza paddle would have really made things easier. Also with the amount of dough made, you can probably make two pizzas.

Cheers!
    Attached Files
    "You'll never be this cool"
    sigpic

Yoder YS-640
    Grill Grates
    IGrill2 with four probes

Very nice pie!

Comment

Good looking pizza!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

You pizza guys are killin me!

Nice looking pie
        sigpic

Comment

yummmm
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Great lookin' pizza!
            jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is great. I really want to make pizza and have been thinking about geting the Blackstone or some of the other pizza cookers out there.

I will give this a go with my MAK. Thank you.
              sigpic
              BGE XL
              BGE Mini
              MAK 1 star #385
              Bradley OBS w/Mods
              Weber 22.5 WSM
              Weber 22.5 Kettle
              Pit Barrel Cooker
              La Caja China
              Mini-WSM

Comment

Good looking pie there! Hope the shake held it's own. Would not want to let down a pizza like that!
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Great looking pie! I'd hit that real hard!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks like you nailed it! I'd take a slice or two or twelve That MH Pizza Shake is da bomb too!
                    Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                    Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                    A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                    A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                    Frogmats
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Nice job on the pizza! And I agree, the pizza sprinkle from MH just takes it to another level.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Good looking pie there! Hope the shake held it's own. Would not want to let down a pizza like that!
                        Thanks! The crust came out a little thick, but the flavor was amazing. My wife said it's the best pizza she's ever had. I think she married me for my sauce.

The Mad Hunky Shake is a game changer!
                        sigpic

Yoder YS-640
                        Grill Grates
                        IGrill2 with four probes

Comment

Thanks everyone for the complements!
                          sigpic

Yoder YS-640
                          Grill Grates