How do you do your SMOKED CORN !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you do your SMOKED CORN !

I guess this would be a side item, since we don't have a Vegable Forum.

I have seen several threads on different ways you all prep/smoke your corn. I thought i mite be nice to have just ONE thread, to hold all the diff. methods/ideas of how we all do our smoked coc (corn on the cob, for you dirty minded people........YES KEVIN, talking about you........LOLOL)

MY Version, which most have seen

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519

i have seen some use mayo/mw on it, and other items...........come folks, ITS SWEET CORN SEASON!!!!!!!!

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

I haven't smoked corn in years. Not since I was using an ECB anyway. I grill it all the time though.
    When I had the ECB I'd fill my water pan about half way with water, then season it with the rub I was using at the time, then put my corn and potatoes in. Turned out great. Sometimes, I'd put about half a bottle of BBQ sauce in the water with the veggies.
    Steve, I'll have to try smoking the way you do it one of these days.

Tom

Comment

Gunny, i take it then, you take all the husks off?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
        Gunny, i take it then, you take all the husks off?
        That would be correct sir.

Tom

Comment

I really dont smoke them... Grill yes.. I just soak in water for 1/2 hour and toss on the grill.. I just cook them indirect.. seems to work well.. I just dont think about tossing them in the smoker
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I do like Ken, soak for 1-2 hrs, and grill till the husks turn dark brown and then shuck and eat. Had 9 ears last night between the 3 of us men here and it was THE best sweet corn I have ever had. The good corn just started showing up around here a couple days ago. This stuff was awesome and juicy and sweet.!
            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
              I do like Ken, soak for 1-2 hrs, and grill till the husks turn dark brown and then shuck and eat. Had 9 ears last night between the 3 of us men here and it was THE best sweet corn I have ever had. The good corn just started showing up around here a couple days ago. This stuff was awesome and juicy and sweet.!
              Capt, can believe you have'nt tried this..........or you ken........its labor instensive, but so is twice smoked taters........but WELL worth it. Like smoked burgers.........i won't ever grill em again, IF i have time to smoke em.

I wowed JB1's whole crowd at that mini gathering we had over mothers day weekend. Alot of the times, i don't even get to the main meal..........i just fill up on sweetcorn.........MUCH to my displeasure the next morning...........LOLOL.

and IF there is left over corn...........i just cut it offa the cob, heat it up and smoked corn the following week with supper

Comment

Normally I do like you dude. I just peel the husk back, butter and season with whatever I fancy that day, and grill.

But when I made those Frito snack things that Ken shared with us, I tried it in the smoker. But I wrapped some bacon around the cob first, then laid the husks back. Oh man was that good. I just picked up more corn. Maybe have to post some pics.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

Well Walking Dude we are also similar. When we smoke corn around here we only use Kansas Sweet Sunflower sweet corn or Peaches and Cream. Prior to smoking the corn I peel the husk back but don't remove any. Remove all the silk and soak for 1 hour in water. Melt butter and spin the ears in melted butter. Get just enough of the husk back up to form like the bottom side. Then I take just a touch of bacon grease and rub it on the ear. Then I put all the husks back up with the top i inch of the cob cut off of course. Tie it off. I smoke mine for about 90 minutes to 2 hours in a mix of apple, chery and mesquite.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's how I did some corn tonight. Bacon wrapped and on the grill.

I put them on a 450 degree grill. About 45 minutes. As you can see it gets real charred, but when you open it up, the bacon prevents the corn from getting burned. Could have left them on a little longer but my pork cutlets were done and I was starving.

Did this for the first time the other night in the smoker. At 325, I left them in there for a couple hours while other things were smoking. The bacon got a little more done, but the corn was fine.
                    Attached Files
                    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    UniFlame Gas Grill
                    Lil Chief

Comment

Smoked or Grilled they are both excellent ways. I like to smoke corn, much the way Walkin Dude does it.
                      Driving home from a Horseshoe tournament yesterday I stopped and picked up a bunch of fresh Peaches and 20 ears of corn.
                      I will do the corn later today or tomorrow just to have plenty to cut off and have for the week.

And steve a suggestion for you..............................don't refer to corn on the cob as COC. we already wonder about ya. LOL

Comment

oh yea corn picken time got some fresh out the field yesterday good ole kansas sweet corn. i got some ready to go on later today.
                        pull the husks back clean off silk and soak in cold water a couple hours rub with fav. rub wrap with a piece of bacon.
                        pull husks back over and tie. tie parts an option smoke at round 225° for 1.5 hours i pitch the bacon and chow the corn no need for butter
                        Terry here
                        Still have Christene

Comment

i forgot the bacon yesterday but soak, peel back 1/2 the husk, & butter w/ a dash of salt & garlic pwdr. in a foil lined pan for 30 mins to an hour.
                          brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                          18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                          cast iron Hibachi
                          22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                          & rotisserator
                          12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                          stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                          Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                          http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                          my music recordings-
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Working...
                          X