yoder 640 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoder 640 owners

just got done making pizza on my grill with a pizza stone they where great the pizza shake was awesome. I set the temp. at 450 my problem came with the shut down the pellets in the auger and very bottom of the pellet hopper where burning had to empty out the hopper and take the hmp and grates out then pushed the start button and pushed the prime button to clear the burning pellets in the auger. anybody else had this happen ? I had smoke coming out of the hopper is the only way I knew I had a problem

I hear Yoder has great customer service, and will get to the bottom of the issue lickity split. Probably just need the latest software upgrade, fan upgrade, firmware upgrade, and/or auger upgrade.....
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I have never had that happen? I use my Yoder for low and slow cooks and 600* for searing my Rib Eye Steaks on the grill grates. The manual says do not open the lid after you shut down the unit and do not unplug until the blue light turns off. The fan will run until the temp. drops. IF you open the lid before it cools it can cause a back draft. I hope it’s something simple. I hope you enjoy your Yoder YS 640 as much as I do.

Comment

Yea, wondering about your shutdown. I just turn it off, come back in 30 minutes then finish. I usually just wait till it's fully cooled down before I even open the lid..

Don't open the door or unplug it before it shuts itself down.

Comment

You may have to wait a few hours before opening the lid, the pellets can ignite themselves if you open the lid too soon. I actually opened my lid two hours after shutdown and still had some pellets that were still burning. Not sure if outside temps made the difference but it was in the upper 90's that day.
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis Copper E310
          VacMaster Pro 260
          2 Mavericks ET732
          Blue Thermapen
          6" & 12" AMNTS
          Q-MATS
          "Yoder YS Pellet Grills (Fan Page)" on Facebook

Comment

did the shut down the fan was running lid was down but I kept seeing smoke come out of the pellet hopper the pellets in the hopper where very warm. I keep my grill in the garage so I thought I better make sure that there was not a problem only to find burning pellets in the auger . don't think they should ever be burning in there this was the first time to use it at that high of temp. I had a pizza stone 18 x24 on the grill grates wouldn't think that would cause it. we really like the grill everything we have cooked has been great!

Comment

Let me see if I got your last post right.

You did turn it off, the main power switch? Then you let it sit? You didn't open the door till it was shut off, no fans on?

You could of had pellets still burning in the burn grate, but none in the auger area.

If so it's never happened to me, had mine almost a year and lots of use.

ADD: Yes the pellet holder can get warm, and there is a bottom vent that has smoke once and a while.

Dunno. Maybe your's has an issue.
              Last edited by Conumdrum; 07-27-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post

I hear Yoder has great customer service, and will get to the bottom of the issue lickity split. Probably just need the latest software upgrade, fan upgrade, firmware upgrade, and/or auger upgrade.....
                You made my day, Paul. Great advice for those testicle issues that seem to rear their ugly head at the most inopportune times
                sigpic
                New Braunfels Bandera
                New Braunfels Hondo
                4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                1-26" Weber Kettle
                24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

IC is a hard core stick burner. Doesn't believe in anything plugged in. So take that with a grain of salt.

Love the Yardbird pic, too funny!

Comment

I SUPPOSE it could be a rare thing..a pellet er two ignited at the mouth of the auger... but call Yoder.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

yoder 640 owners

I heard of this with Traegers (i think) back on SMF a while back but not Yoders.
                      ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post

You owe me a new monitor!!
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Try this... Next time you start it run it with the drip pan and grates out at the same temp. Open the door every 10 minutes and quickly look to see if pellets are stacking up on the back edge of the burn pot. I have had this happen a long time ago. If the rest for the drip pan is not in its highest adjustable position the guard that hangs down can sometimes deflect pellets back and they drop on that edge instead of deeper in the burn pot. Also sometimes the burn pot grate warps and contracts inward causing pellets to hang up and build up on the rear edge. This can be remedied by turning the grate upside down on a smooth concrete surface and standing on it with bit of pressure bending it outward.
                          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                          Yoder Wichita
                          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

I can't believe we don't have a "my pellet oven malfunctioned in the middle of a cook and I can't reach customer service" catagory yet........
                            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Follow Rob's post, his knowledge is invaluable. In addition I would recommend that you email Yoder's support at customerservice@yodersmokers.com. They are very responsive to emails and you will get a case number that you can follow up on.
                              Yoder YS640
                              Weber Genesis Copper E310
                              VacMaster Pro 260
                              2 Mavericks ET732
                              Blue Thermapen
                              6" & 12" AMNTS
                              Q-MATS
                              "Yoder YS Pellet Grills (Fan Page)" on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X