Are these pellets any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these pellets any good

Got a great deal on these, 6 bags free. Just curious if they are good quality

Yoder YS480
    Maverick 732
    Tappecue
    Thermapen

I don't know. I just wanted to comment to keep this post up/current. In hopes someone comes along who might have an answer.
    Last edited by gmotoman; 08-02-2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Send them to meet and I will test for you! You will be just fine with those. I know people that use them and they like them. The fact you got them free very good!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

All I know is they're made about 20 miles from me. I use their regular pellets in the furnace and they're pretty good.
        sigpic

Comment

I think Todd sells them at Amazing Smokers----They must be good!!

FREE is a Fantastic Price!!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Good to know, my buddy has a whole pallet and said take whatever I want. I think ill compensate him when I go back for more
            Yoder YS480
            Maverick 732
            Tappecue
            Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikey View Post
              Good to know, my buddy has a whole pallet and said take whatever I want. I think ill compensate him when I go back for more
              I've been using them since last September and I love them. He sells a mulberry blend that is great on pork and the bacon you see in my signature photo was smoking with some of his maple.
              In one of the bags there was a fair amount of fines..but that's easy to take care of.
              Wish I could get 'em as cheap as you!
              Kent [sigpic

Lang 36" Patio
              GMG Daniel Boone
              Husker Red UDS V.2014
              22" Black Weber Kettle V.1988
              40" MES V. 2
              British Racing Green Thermapen w/Glow-in-the-dark silicone boot!
              Thermapen Smoke

Comment

Here's their description of their product...

=====
                Pitmaster Select™ Smoking Pellets 20 lb. Bags

Pitmaster Select pellets are 100% hardwood with no artificial flavors or additives. Each variety contains a unique blend of our featured wood and select hardwoods to create a savory balance of flavors. Each wood imparts a different strength of flavor; therefore, our blends do not follow a "cookie-cutter" recipe. We were approached by Pitmasters of competition smoking teams that were dissatisfied with most of the blends available on the market. As a result of working with competition smoke teams, our blends contain 30% to 60% featured flavor woods and are balanced with primarily oak wood (and other secret formula complementary hardwoods) to deliver exceptional flavor.

Featured Blends: Apple, Cherry, Mulberry, Hickory, Maple, Pecan, Mesquite & Oak
                =====

I've still got about 300 lbs of BBQer's Delight pellets. When those are gone, I am SERIOUSLY going to consider the Pitmaster pellets! Thanks for the heads-up!
                Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
                ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
                Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
                Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

Never used them, but if Todd sells them they must be good. You got a heck of a price for them
                  Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                  Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                  A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                  A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                  Frogmats
                  Maverick ET 732
                  Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment