Spicy Menage 'a Trois....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Menage 'a Trois....

...well that sounded better than a Five-Way!!

Time to start winding things down in the garden. Picked and roasted the green chilies today, saving back the red ones for drying and grinding. One of the best pepper shakes I've come up with is a combo of all the different kinds of peppers I grow:
    Anaheim
    Poblano
    Cayenne
    Bell
    Jalapeņo

This year, I fire roasted all of them, will give them a good licking of oak, then into the dehydrator, then blend them all up.

Anaheim's outta the fire roast

And everyone loaded in the smoker.

thanks for checking out my post - give the drying/grinding gig a go, very good on and in all sorts a stuff!

Tracey

Oh yeah good eats!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Yes indeed!
      sigpic

Comment

He heee...Louie said what's that... W has a gig on...is that crab claws in the cage noo...peppers...oh hell yeah!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Lookin' good Tracey! That batch of shake will probably last you until Christmas anyway.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Yup, you on it Tracey...That's gonna be killer good!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I'm SO jealous!
              sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Yum! I bet those will be delicious...
                Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                Yoder Wichita
                Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

Wish I had your roaster...I gotta do it the hard way

Roasted...Smoked...Dried and ground...Now that's gotta be some good stuff...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! Long process, but worth it. Finally dried everything out after the fire roast and smoke, and ground it all up last night...outside of course!

Pepper grinding equipment!

Peppers

Final take - really like the smoky char after roasting them first.

gonna make some damn good seasoning and was excellent on the pizza last night.

If Bassman will ever talk to me again, I have a jar with his name on it....

Also wrapped up my sundried tomato project. Amazing how almost two five gallon buckets of maters will fit into less than two quart jars!

Now it's off to smoking cheese and making snack sticks for elk season!!

thanks for checking out my post!
                      Tracey

Comment

Wow Tracey, that pepper powder looks amazing.

And I was checking out that roaster...I think I see a couple of Harrow disks as the ends and then the expanded metal wrapping the circumference? Then a axle rod supported by some pillow blocks to allow the rotation...That's an awesome idea.

I have had to use a damp towel around my nose and mouth before since I didn't have a respirator...You definitely have a better setup!

for every aspect.
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          Wow Tracey, that pepper powder looks amazing.

And I was checking out that roaster...I think I see a couple of Harrow disks as the ends and then the expanded metal wrapping the circumference? Then a axle rod supported by some pillow blocks to allow the rotation...That's an awesome idea.

I have had to use a damp towel around my nose and mouth before since I didn't have a respirator...You definitely have a better setup!

for every aspect.
                          Dana, spot on regarding the roaster - very simple but effective design. The opening is roughly 8" on the back side and simply a piece of separated iron with two butt hinges welded on for easy access...if you have big hands, you might want to go wider! The handle detaches for storage as does the burner on a simple angle iron frame - I just use vice grips to hold it in place. I know you're itching to build one, so let me know when you are ready and I'll take more pictures.

Thanks for the points!!

Comment

Man, that's some fine powder you ended up with Tracey!

Bravo on great work, a great thread, and a new Avatar!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                              Man, that's some fine powder you ended up with Tracey!

Bravo on great work, a great thread, and a new Avatar!
                              Ha! You So CRAZY!

Thanks, Scott!

Comment

Working...
                              X