Sending Jerky to Iraq....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Jerky to Iraq....

I am going to be smoking up 15#s of Beef jerky on Tuesday and sending it to some Troops over in Iraq. It is going to be a Hickory/BBQ flavor and smoked with some Hard Maple & Apple wood.

We got some Troops from our town that are over there so we are going to send them a small piece of home to them. I just hope that by vaccum packing it that it will make it there Ok.?

Thanks for looking,

Blza
    Here is a pic. of my 15 yr old son putting on the spice and cure to some of the jerky!

48" Cabelas stainless steel gas smoker
    W/ needle valve mod.
    36" GOSM
    Brinkmann Pro Series 2500 S.S gas grill

sigpic

Nice gesture! And you should be fine as far as shipping. I have sent cured jerky and sausage vacpacked to Turkey in a person's luggage, it made it fine.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

You may want to dry in the fridge before vac pack. There is something about mine that wants to sweat for a couple days.

Comment

Rock On!....Takin care of the troop's is paramount! They will certainly appreciate it knowing it was home smoked! Louie & I sent alot to our son in Afghanistan.....his pleasure was sharing it with his aircrew member's!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I just hope that by vaccum packing it that it will make it there Ok.?
          no sweat, cured, dried, smoked and vacpacked it'll keep for months at room temp.
          Those boys will enjoy that alright :-)

Just make sure you stick them in fairly small packages, easier to carry, share and eat and it looks like more when they open the box :-)
          I tend to make pretty dry jerky and pack it in 1-2 oz packages. Each packet equates to about 4-5oz wet beef.
          The drier it is the better it'll keep in the desert heat.
          Not, that I think it'll get the chance :-)

You might want to send some ground pork jerky as well - given soldiers humour they'd probably hand it round the locals ;-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Jerky to Iraq w/ Pics.

I got all that Jerky smoked yesterday. Had to run both of my smokers to get it all in one smoke! Had a good time doing it.....first smoke for my stainless steel smoker. She went real well , got that needle valve on the S.S.smoker. That's the ticket there!! Had my temps down to 100* at the beginning of the smoke. It took about 5 hrs. to get them done. We ended up shipping 25 vaccum packed packages to the guys over in Iraq.

Here's some Pics. of the two smokers smoking away! Blza

48" Cabelas stainless steel gas smoker
            W/ needle valve mod.
            36" GOSM
            Brinkmann Pro Series 2500 S.S gas grill

sigpic

Comment

That right there is a good thing you're doing Blza. I'm sure it will be greatly recieved.

2 Weber Kettles
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
              Brinkman ECB
              Charbroil 940X
              Project UDS
              Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

Wow, not sure how I missed this first go around!
                Great job Blza, thank you for doing that. I looks yummy, I really like that your son participated too, it had to make you both feel very proud. You done good!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Yeah Man! Ya done good!....
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                  X