My Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Garden

Here's my little garden. It's about 3 X 10. At the bottom of the pic is chives, on the left is one of the tomatoes, on the right is 4 hills of bush type cukes, on the far end is a big hill of rhubarb. Just up from the rhubarb is another tomato. Between the two tomatoes on the left side of the fence is 4 ground cherry plants. In the middle is jalapenos.

I've never tried growing jalapenos and they are doing way better than I thought. I wasn't sure how they would do. Being in a northern state and short growing period, I started with 12 plants. Figured I'd get something out of them. I lost 2 to animals before I bought the fence, and about 2 weeks ago we had a hail storm. Lost a lot of blossoms. Took branches right off the plants with 3 and 4 on each. The tomatoes too. They rebounded nicely and this last weekend, I saw some little peppers forming. Came home today and had to get a pic. Even the little plant behind it has some forming. Can't wait.

I picked the first cuke today, and there's several more hiding in the leaves. There is a ton of blossoms this year and all last weekend I watched a bumble bee having a field day. Back and forth all day. I'm hoping he's doing his job.

The first 2 tomatoes on the closest plant that will come off in the next couple of days, and one on the far plant. They haven't done so well this year and the storm didn't help. If I can get a couple of BLTs I'll be happy.

It's not much, but it's surprising what I can get out of that little spot. Keeps me busy and tastes so much better when you grow it yourself. Thanks for looking, and wish everyone else good luck with their gardening.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Double R.....lookin good! The heat has stressed our raised bed's. Got some on the mend. I'll try & get some pic's.
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

rowdy lookin good...nice plants there ...you should get a bumper crop this year
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
        rowdy lookin good...nice plants there ...you should get a bumper crop this year
        Yeah, I was all excited. Grabbed the camera. Sign on and see you did the same thing. Lol.

Yours are looking good too. Never cared for bell peppers though, and only recently started eating the japs. These folks got me hooked on ABTs. Thought I'd try and grow some.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
          Yeah, I was all excited. Grabbed the camera. Sign on and see you did the same thing. Lol.

Yours are looking good too. Never cared for bell peppers though, and only recently started eating the japs. These folks got me hooked on ABTs. Thought I'd try and grow some.
          yea this is the first year i have grown pobalno and haberno...and the first time for the purple bell peppers....never seen them before thought i would try it out
          Mike
          Oklahoma City
          22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
          Weber 22.5 Performer
          GOSM 3405gw
          Boomer Sooner Drum
          Maverick ET-732
          Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Working...
          X