Mac and cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac and cheese

Ok I made 2 smoked mac and cheeses for 2 different meals tomorrow. The first came off the smoker @ 1:00 AM and the other will come off @ 3:30 AM. The first meal is at 12:00 PM and the 2nd is @ 6:00 PM So what I'm asking is should I take the first mac and cheese and put in the fridge and Keep the second in the oven until time to eat @ 12:00 or should I put both in the fridge. What is the safest way. I think the 1 coming off @ 3:30 probably won't be cooled down by then anyway. Thanks for the help
    sigpic
    Weber 22.5 kettle
    Smokin in the Smokies
    Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
    Jerry

They both need to go in the fridge and then re-heated. Even the one coming off at 3:30 would be sitting on the counter for around 8-8 1/2 hours before eating at 12:00 PM. It will for sure cool off in that amount of time to be below a safe holding temp of 135°.

JWWFM-YMMV
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
      They both need to go in the fridge and then re-heated. Even the one coming off at 3:30 would be sitting on the counter for around 8-8 1/2 hours before eating at 12:00 PM. It will for sure cool off in that amount of time to be below a safe holding temp of 135°.

JWWFM-YMMV
      a big X2

If you oven it for that long they will be very very dry...and over cooked...sounds good though!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Thanks yall I was a little tipsy so I wasn't thinking clearly but it's allgood now
        sigpic
        Weber 22.5 kettle
        Smokin in the Smokies
        Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
        Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X