Sous vide chicken breasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sous vide chicken breasts

Well, it's only the second time I even used the present from Santa but wow! My first try was some steak which was very good but I cooked it too high. I'm not complaining it was very tender. However, I figured boneless chicken breasts are among the most difficult to do while being tender and moist.

So, I did 2 breasts in Italian dressing at 150 for 2 hours for some chicken, gravy, and pasta. All I can say is WOW!

It's by far the most tender and moist chicken breast I've ever had. Mixed with dinner, a recipe we've had many times, from age 9 to 49, they could taste a difference.

I know this is a smoking forum but this is truly an exceptional way of cooking.

I look forward to blending it with smoking and grilling.

P.S. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Sounds great! Italian dressing breasts are hard to beat, and can only be better cooked that way...
    sigpic

Comment

Pete... we don't discriminate here..good food is good food. I'm gonna move this to "From the Kitchen". But that why we HAVE that forum.

Welcome to sous vide!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Sous vide chicken breasts

Next time I'm trying jerked with some fire at the finished.

I grew up eating Italian breasts, ( no jokes please) and In the last couple of years love doing them with balsamic vinegar as my favorite.

I need to do some of them as well as Richs brine.

I guess my point was, go with the status qo to establish a baseline and then dive in depending.

Any time I try a new recipe, I follow it religiously to see what the deal is. Then, I'll mess around with it if I think it needs a tweak.

I love this stuff. Once you think it's all been done, perhaps we find a little better way in every one thousand attempts.
        Pete
        Large BGE

Comment

Sounds good. Italian dressing chicken is good eatin'.
          Jim

Comment

Pete, I knew you were gonna love this method of cooking! Again, welcome aboard, and just keep experimenting... the sky is the limit!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Congrats on the success! I like a little sear after the dip!
              Got a buddy that swears Italian dressing overnight is the only way to treat wild duck and goose. Haven't tried it but it sound like it outta work!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

What temp and time did you use? Were they BSCB?

Comment

Originally posted by scubadoo97 View Post
                  What temp and time did you use? Were they BSCB?
                  Yes they were and I did them at 150° for almost 2 hours. I'm at altitude (5300 ft) and things cook a little different up here so I inched up the temp from the 147° advice.
                  Pete
                  Large BGE

Comment

I usually go with 140-145 for 2 hrs at sea level but you can go a bit lower depending on the texture you're looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                      Yes they were and I did them at 150° for almost 2 hours. I'm at altitude (5300 ft) and things cook a little different up here so I inched up the temp from the 147° advice.
                      Altitude has nothing to do with anything with sous vide. Temp is temp.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Altitude has nothing to do with anything with sous vide. Temp is temp.
                        X2
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thanks Rich, good to know but it does come into play otherwise from boiling eggs to even running the smoker.

If anyone is in doubt, just google high altitude cooking. It plays into what I do around here, probably the thin air and all
                          Pete
                          Large BGE

Comment

Cooking chicken breast SV this evening. Should be ready to pull any time now

Comment

I do up 3 or 4 chicken breastseses at a time. I season well, and BTW I use the ones with the skin and rib bones, and SV at 143° for 2 hours. Plunge into an ice bath for 10 minutes and freeze. Then whatever I happen to be needing chicken for, it is so easy to thaw, remove meat only or if grilling, just crisp up the skin on an hot grill while warming up. One of my favorites for a quick dinner is pull the skin and remove the meat, dice and toss into a good jarred spaghetti sauce, splash in a little red wine, and slow simmer while the spaghetti cooks. Very quick easy peasy low fat dinner.
                              A few of my favorite things:
                              Good Whiskey
                              Good Food
                              Bad Girls
                              sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
                              Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Working...
                              X