Hillbilly heaven, part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillbilly heaven, part 2

Well, we enjoyed last Friday so much, we did it all over again this past Friday! Ribeye steak, potatoes, asparagus, and ABTs, along with a veggie salad and maters from the garden.

My neighbor Stanley shows his best asset as Javan and Sue look on.

To go with a couple cases of Bud Light, Stanley even brought along some Coronas and limes -- a redneck treat!

Javan in the shop. He's the adopted son of Stanley's cousin, who was staying with Stanley for the weekend.

Sue and Trouble, caught off guard!

Oh yeah, vittles time! Used Yardbird on the foiled taters and squash, wrapped asparagus in bacon, and used Ken;s rub on the ribeyes. Mmmm, it was good!

Javan digs in!

Another excellent time! Plus, on Sunday I got the barrels burned out so I can start cleaning them up for the new UDS smokers.

Thanks for looking!

Smoking, beer, friends, beer, smoking, beer, beer............ nice.
    SCOTT

Comment

JB,
      Wow that sure looks like a hoot! all the vittles got me starving now.. I am gonna have to make my way back to TN, you all party like rock stars!! Tell Stanley & Sue Hello!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looks great. Steak and beer, can't go wrong with that.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Jimbob. A whole lotta fun going on right there bud! Something about BBQ...it is good to have something cold to warsh it down with. Or to cleanse the pallet before digging in. Nonetheless they go great hand in hand. Hey by the way where is Javan's brew? Y'all done drank 'em all...huh?
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the comments! Y'all come!

Javan is a tad on the youngish side for drinking, plus he was adopted by Stanley's cousin because he is a special-needs kid who nobody else wanted. Sprite for him.

I sure did have fun with these little back to back Friday grillfests, though I gotta say it is a lot of work to get home at 6, do up all the food, and try to get eating by 8. It's a lot like a comp feeling. Need to go to a simpler menu with less prep, like steak, potato and baked beans. Or move it to Saturday.

Next I'd like to pull an all-night smoke and invite friends over to eat it all up on Saturday afternoon. I've got 5 Boston butts in the freezer (hey, 88 cents a pound!) just calling out to be smoked. Plus a couple baby back racks. If I could get the two UDS done, plus my double-barrel, we could have us a time!

This is the thanks I got...

Comment

It must have been good.. Look at his shirt.. I think your buddy there needs a Bib..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Good looking vittles....gotta try smoking a steak before too long.
                www.nopigleftbehind.com
                -----------------------------

Comment

He must be REAL proud of that booger on his finger there eh?

(Got ya Stanley!)
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Heheheh...

Comment

JimBob, great looking viddles fer sure and looks like everyone is having a great time..the way it should be. smoke on bro..
                      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

looks like a great meal :-)

Know what you mean about having to do bbq's on the quick.
                        Given the complete uncertainty of weather over here I tend to keep a lot of stuff prepared and vacpacked in the freezer. then when it looks like a decent evening I can just grab a few packets throw 'em into a sink of cool water to defrost and all I got to do is knock up a potato salad or coleslaw :-).
                        Burgers, sausages, marinated pork steaks, prawn patties, ribs, refried beans etc all get this treatment :-) And a few pre-cooked fatties to reheat in the smoker never hurt either ;-)
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                        X