Replacing Yoder 640 ignitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Yoder 640 ignitor

I've had my 640 for almost two years now and the ignitor went out the other day. I was a little stressed about how to to replace. I ordered a new, arrived in no time, watched a short video and in less than five minutes had it going. Everytime about this makes me glad I bought the Yoder

I haven't been on here much in the last eight months, not because of not wanting to but because of time. Got moved from day shift to nights and having to work lots of over time, day shit sux they want to to WORK. Now I have seven crews instead of 3. plus traveling to Alabama every chance we get to work on the farm. Also looks like we'll be sent NM in the spring.

I hope to pop in here as often as I can, this is the best smoking site, still learning lots from you guys, thank you
    I'm no Gynecologist
    But I'll take a look at it

Glad all went well!! Glad you can swing by!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

glad ya got it fixed... understand the work gig...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

~Yoder Fi~
        ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
        ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Sounds like it all worked out good
          Jim

Comment

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to cook as much due to work. I have the same problem, and it would piss me off to no end, if when I finally had time to grill, I had to wait for new parts to show up and get installed.
            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Nice to see you stopping in when ya can!

Yeah... Yoder has always taken care of it's customers near as I can tell.

They were at the Royal last fall, and Andy Groneman's 640 lost the temp sensor. They showed up (in the driving rain) and replaced it for him within like 4 hours. Wow. We were not even there...having enough sense to get outta the rain
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Don't know if you guys rember but, when I bought it my wife fussed a little, now i smoke two chickens for her every week for the last year, i ask her what are going to do if it died on us and she said that SHE would get on the phone and order another one. Wife is happy

Got to love them Yoders
                I'm no Gynecologist

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                  glad ya got it fixed... understand the work gig...
                  Thanks Slanted, also been busy doing the annual on my RV-9A, 3rd class medical and flight review, all done and in the air
                  I'm no Gynecologist

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                    Glad all went well!! Glad you can swing by!!
                    I miss your post, got a lot of idea's from you and hope to get more
                    I'm no Gynecologist

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Nice to see you stopping in when ya can!

Yeah... Yoder has always taken care of it's customers near as I can tell.

They were at the Royal last fall, and Andy Groneman's 640 lost the temp sensor. They showed up (in the driving rain) and replaced it for him within like 4 hours. Wow. We were not even there...having enough sense to get outta the rain
                      Yep, Yoder rocks
                      Rich is that cheese pic still floating around? Makes me laugh every time I see it
                      I'm no Gynecologist

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeCreek View Post
                        Rich is that cheese pic still floating around? Makes me laugh every time I see it
                        Gratuitious re-hash...

In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                          Sorry to hear you haven't been able to cook as much due to work. I have the same problem, and it would piss me off to no end, if when I finally had time to grill, I had to wait for new parts to show up and get installed.
                          Even with the hot rod out you can light the grill manually which is quite easy. It surely doesn't mean you are done using the grill.
                          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                            Even with the hot rod out you can light the grill manually which is quite easy. It surely doesn't mean you are done using the grill.
                            I had planned to light it with my little propane tourch but Yoder sent the part so quick I didn't have too
                            I'm no Gynecologist

Comment

Just a FYI, when the igniter fail in time, this does not mean you can't grill or cook. Just remove any excess pellets to just 1/2 fist full. Press start and light with a propane torch. Once they ignite you are off and running. This will keep you cooking until the new igniter arrives.
                              Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                              Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                              Yoder Wichita
                              Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                              Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                              Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Working...
                              X