Sous Vide 48 hour Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sous Vide 48 hour Ribs

I wanted ribs tonight as my son was coming to stay with me for the weekend but I knew I would not have the time to smoke and monitor them in my smoker. This is whats called planning ahead. So I found this recipe <a href="http://blog.sousvidesupreme.com/2012/11/48-hour-sous-vide-pork-ribs/">48-Hour Sous Vide Pork Ribs</a>
    Thought what the heck I will give it a go so 48 hours earlier I got them going in my hillbilly sous vide machine
    Did them up with some Tatonka Dust.

Ready to pull them out after 48 hours

made up a salad

Now I thought that the meat would have pulled back from the bone when I opened the package but it did not.

Now the recipe calls for 20 minutes in the oven so I gave them 20 minutes under the broiler and thats when the meat pulled back.

During that time under the broiler it gave me the time to make french fry's.
    Would I say they are as good as I can make in my smoker I would have to say no for one big reason I missed the smoke flavor and they where a tad over done for my taste. I have done ribs in a slow cooker before and these are better than a slow cooker rib. They where good but I did miss that charcoal taste

PBC Drum Smoker
    Bradley Digital 4 Rack
    THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
    Miss Piggy Smoker
    Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Well if nothing else they sure do look good.

Comment

I been holding off on ribs for that reason. Cold smoke maybe? Or what about hot smoking for couple hours at 225, the vac seal and sous vide for 24? 48 hours? Just thinking out loud here. Also thought about trying that with brisket. Hot smoking at 225 til reaching my sous vide temp, say 134, then water bath for 48 hours.
      Yoder YS480
      Maverick 732
      Tappecue
      Thermapen

Comment

Working...
      X