Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made some quick Dill Pickles last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made some quick Dill Pickles last night...

Went for a more traditional style pickle this time.

Wash and sanitize a nice jar and lid. Wash cukes garlic, dill, and banana peppers and place into the jar. You can cut them in chunks, spears, or just leave them whole.

Next bring to a boil 1 qt. white vinegar, 3 qts water, 1/2 C. salt and I added 1 TBS of corned beef pickling spice. This brine had an incredible flavor. I look forward to trying these pickles.

Pour just off boiling carefully over vegetables, lid, leave on counter for 2 days and then refrigerate up to a year.
    "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
    PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Yer gonna like those, V :{)

Try that brine for the asparagus for yer Bloodies!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That brine was so tasty I almost poured a glass of it...

I bet some fresh asparagus in it would be good!!! Thanks for my next project

Comment

Those look great.
        Chargriller Pro w. sfb
        Ducane 4100 propane grill
        Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Thinking maybe some cauliflower and eggs wold work with this recipe.
          sigpic

GOSM/propane
          UDS (Cam)/lump
          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
          Weber Genesis/propane
          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

man those do look good
            i have to make more this weekend.....my cukes have gone nuts and i need to can some....
            Mike
            Oklahoma City
            22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
            Weber 22.5 Performer
            GOSM 3405gw
            Boomer Sooner Drum
            Maverick ET-732
            Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
            A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Dang sure look's good! Louie is a canner....gonna get her to do some, thank's!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

V you seemed to have jumped into this new canning project head 1st..

It is looking good. and making me want to learn about it and start doing it.
                the pickels look great. I am not a dill pickle fan but I would make those. and even eat them.

here everything is starting to get ready for picking. mainly peppers. I need to get some pics of just how many peppers are grown here. and then pickel some.lol. great job.
                Last edited by Kyote; 08-12-2009, 12:17 PM.
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Great looking pickles Vlap! Quick question...does the corned beef pickling spice come already mixed?? I have never seen that.

Comment

Try Green Beans I did up 4 lbs of dilly beans over the weekend. tossed in some red pepper flakes just right amount bite to them. 2 jars down as we speak. I let my wife get the beans and that will never happen again. They was quite dried out but i had to use them. May try a batch with your recipe.
                    If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
                    Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

If you can't find it premade you can just add 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds, 1 bay leaf, and a pinch of dried crushed red pepper(or in my case a few dried red chiles) There are also pickling spice packets out there (I have found at walmart) with these same ingredients.

Comment

Thanks Vlap. I'll look for it

Comment

If I remember right I found the pickling spice packets around the dried chiles.

Comment

Vlap,
                            You are rocking the pickling here lately! Those pickles sound like they are gonna be yummy... are you sending out samples? ;) The asspergas for bloodies sounds great too... can't wait to see your next project!
                            Thanks for the post!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                            X