Pickled Eggs Danger???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickled Eggs Danger???

was researching pickling and came across this web site. They say, that pickled eggs should NEVER be stored at room temperature:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Canning-Pickled-Eggs-331415

But in my past bar lives, i have SEEN these on the back bar for sale.

So what gives?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Your "past bar" lives? You tell me what gives...I'm uhm-fused

Comment

Originally posted by DINGLE View Post
      Your "past bar" lives? You tell me what gives...I'm uhm-fused
      Back when i was a Bar hanger outter........WAY back in the past.........LOL

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Hmmm I have mostly seen them room temp too. There's plenty enough acid/salt in those things to keep them for a LONG time I'd think.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

another one, that sez room temp is okay..........they mention in the UK, they are ALWAYS served room temp.

http://www.practicallyedible.com/edi...es/pickledeggs

Comment

The only danger of them is when consumed with beer....you know the result!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              The only danger of them is when consumed with beer....you know the result!
              ONLY if you don't like the smell of sulphur!

Comment

They are extremely dangerous when consumed at room temperature with a couple of beers and a bowl of chili with beans!
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                  Back when i was a Bar hanger outter........WAY back in the past.........LOL
                  You are not telling me that you no longer participate in the consumption of adult beverages just that you no longer hang out in bars...correct?

Comment

I see em all over the place around me, bars food stores...... I've seen them as far north as Brockport, NY. I have never eaten one cold, always bar temp. We used to make them, but would put jalapenos and onions in with the eggs..... Talking about good gas mileage whew!!!
                    20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                    36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                    22" webber
                    several burners
                    pool/spa (of course)
                    sigpic

Comment

My wife don't want me to eat them any way for obvious reasons.

Comment

was researching pickling and came across this web site. They say, that pickled eggs should NEVER be stored at room temperature:
                        another one, that sez room temp is okay
                        Aint the Internet wonderful?? So many conflicting opinions. Just think how frustrated you'd be if you were trying to decide whether or not your jerky needed to be cured?

On Edit: Actually when we lived in New Zealand, everyone thought we were nuts because we stored our raw eggs in the fridge. Everyone there just left them out on the counter -- or bench I think they called it there..

Dave
                        Last edited by DDave; 08-12-2009, 05:33 PM.
                        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                        -
                        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Yeah Texas Hunter had a jalepeno pickled egg recipe that I forgot about till now, and always wanted to try it. Now where was that. hmmmm. here or there?

Here is TH's http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...o+pickled+eggs
                          Last edited by SmokinLee; 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Only real danger be an open flame!
                            sigpic

Comment

Crap I ate some out of a jar the guy in the stink hole bar said he hadn't opened the jar in years (it had already been opened) some locals SWORE it was true. I didn't care. They were fine but being around me the next day wasn't too pleasant! :)

Forgot to say. I agree with Richtee.

As an aside. The eggs were really that old. So old in fact the dude didn't even charge me for em so as a broke college kid I probably ate WAY more than I should have.
                              Last edited by supervman; 08-13-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X