Limoncello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limoncello

Got this recipe from a friend that has a vineyard in Napa Valley. It's good stuff.

HOMEMADE LIMONCELLO

* 15 THICK SKINNED LEMONS ( WE USE MYERS)
    * 2 BOTTLES (750ML) 100-PROOF VODKA
    * 4 ½ CUPS SUGAR
    * 5 CUPS WATER

Wash lemons in hot water. Remove peel with vegetable peeler, then remove all white pith on the back of the peel by scraping with a knife. Put the peels in a 4-quart mason jar.

Add 1 bottle of vodka and stir. Cover jar, date it and put it to rest in a cupboard or dark cabinet for 40 days at room temperature.

After 40 days take out lemon-vodka mixture. In a saucepan over high heat, stir the sugar and water together and boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely in the pan. Add the sugar syrup to the lemon vodka mixture along with the second bottle of vodka. Stir well to combine. Replace cover and put back in cabinet and store for another 40 days.

On the 80th day, strain the mixture and discard the peels (we keep to put in the glass). Pour limoncello into clean small bottles with caps or corks. Store in the pantry, but put one bottle at a time into the freezer until ready for use.

Enjoy over ice, or with vodka tonic. Makes approximately 3 quarts.

Have Fun

fltsfshr
    Never Hesitate......Take the Shot.
    Kamado Joe
    Magma SS
    Shrimp Boiler
    Ninja 6-1
    Fire Pit

Sounds interesting. I'm thinking I would forget they were in that cupboard after 10 days. Lol. Would have to set a reminder on my phone.
    Charbroil American Gourmet Deluxe Offset

sigpic

Comment

Waiting 80 days could be an issue... butt that sounds delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter431 View Post
        I'm thinking I would forget they were in that cupboard after 10 days. Lol. Would have to set a reminder on my phone.
        Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        Waiting 80 days could be an issue...
        HA. Try 3 years. Still sittin on the shelf. One of these days Im gonna finish it http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ght=limoncello
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Aged to perfection then?
          Charbroil American Gourmet Deluxe Offset

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X