Chipotle Smoked Dill Pickle's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipotle Smoked Dill Pickle's

Vlap, RowdyRay, Tip.....Let's Rock! Louie has been a canner fer years. I can do it just now got my interest up again. Did the same sorta mix that V did. I added a smoked chipotle to each qt. with a quarted jap. I used all dry spice's & ya gotta have some celery seed. That picklin spice was up my nose. This is what we got from some picklin cuke's. Cool & to a place to rest.

Hot stuff in & upside down. The heat of the liquid will pull a vacuum.

Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Looks great. I still have some dills left yet. Need to try it with a hot pepper in there next time. Got some cukes coming too.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

looks good...im doing hot pickles this weekend
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Be nice ta see it....Louie has cannned mater's/purple hull's & pink eye pea's. Yeah & my fav Okra.....No Rich, ain't talkin about Oprah! Shoulda done a thread. One time...Louie!.... if I get another smack! She is a fine canner!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice....They look good....
          Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Looks great Mike!
            You all have me wanting to do this now also... Do you have to use canning/pickling salt? what is different about it??

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Here's a good explanation of different salts. I just looked this up for dad.

Pickling salt does not have iodine and uses a different anti-caking ingredient. It will not cloud the brine. Others will. Kosher salt will work for pickling, but doesn't measure out the same because of granule size. Here.

http://www.foodsubs.com/Salt.html
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Mike , what a awesome idea man! That is just great! Now I'm fixin to have to try these bad boys next. Btw... we turn our jars upside down after the contents are poured in all hot like, also. Makes a great seal!
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Mike, here I go... but... I have a couple of questions....
                  pickling cuckes and cuckes can you use either or? And your dry spices.... do you have the measurements?
                  How long do they need to "rest" before they become yummy?

Oh just what I need another new hobby.. lol!

RR, thanks a billion for that link, good info right there! it's bookmarked for i am sure I will be re-looking that up over and over.

Comment

Sister....modify it however ya need! Used guart jar's.
                    1. Picklin cuke's they are firmer. Get a good snap when ya bite.
                    2. Spice's...
                    1 tsp or better of minced garlic
                    1 tsp of onion powder or minced
                    1/2 tsp of celery seed's
                    1/2 tsp of dill weed
                    1/2 a jap per jar stem off seed's & meat (your) choice, I want heat
                    1 chipolte each jar, I smoke em stem on...pull the stem for your likin

Used 3/4 gt white vinegar then 1/4 apple cider 1/2 cup pickling salt. 3 gts water. Used McCormick picklin spice. Stuff yer jar's with spice's, I layered it. Get it boiling...then transfer the hot to yer jar's. I prefer to have the spice from the brine/boil get in the jar's. Seal & turn the jar upside down. Let em cool. When ya right em the seal should be pulled. If not touch it with yer finger it should stay depressed. If not that one goe's in the frigerator. It get's eatin first. Give em 2 week's, longer is better.
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

Thank you Mike (well prolly Miss Louie!)
                      XOXO
                      K

Comment

Like the looks of these babys
                        sigpic

Comment

aahh damn! 88, those look delish! I'll be they have some zing to them. I'm trying to imagine a hot, sour with some of that Natty right now!

Comment

Working...
                          X