48 hour Sous Vid Dino Bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 hour Sous Vid Dino Bones

Did a basic 48 hour sous vid cook. Bagged 4 dino bones with S&P and a hickory BBQ sauce. In the bath for 48 hours @ 145°F.
    Opened the package in my deep frying pan to catch all the juices to used on the french fries. Got my butane torch out and gave them a fast sear. Dam tender Dino bones. Used my new home made sous vid controller and slow cooker for this one. Worked out very well.

Getting a tan from the torch.

Plated up

Close up

My new sous vid controller

PBC Drum Smoker
    Bradley Digital 4 Rack
    THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
    Miss Piggy Smoker
    Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Nicely done

Comment

Very nice!! Love the control box too!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Like the extra fuses... hehe..smart! That's not a "ker-chunk" relay is it?
        Shorties look nice too!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That's not a "ker-chunk" relay is it?
          Yes actually it is. From what I been told they last longer than the electronic ones as this one is a mechanical one. I don't know that much about the two different kinds but this one came highly recommended. When I have it on my kitchen table it is loader, I assume it is echoing off the wood table. If I have it on a soft surface like a rug its hard noticeably. I guess I can add some foam backing to the back side to dampen any noise.

PBC Drum Smoker
          Bradley Digital 4 Rack
          Miss Piggy Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by devo View Post
            I guess I can add some foam backing to the back side to dampen any noise.
            Put 4 dollops of silicone sealant one on each corner of the box and set it down on wax paper for 24 hours or so. :{)
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

The closeup won me over.

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Those look awesome!!! Especially the close-up!!!

What rib is that?? Why so short?

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Every once in a while the local store will have them on sale so I will pick them up. The size can be small to large depending on whats available

PBC Drum Smoker
                  Bradley Digital 4 Rack
                  Miss Piggy Smoker

Comment

Good looking bites!
                    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                    Yoder YS640
                    Weber Genesis
                    Weber 18.5" Kettle