Sous Vide question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sous Vide question..

Have about a 2-3 pound pork loin in a wet cure that I need to do something with this weekend. Looks like the weather will not be cooperating to smoke it so..was wondering about putting it in the bath then searing in a cast iron skillet. Any advice from any of you??

Thanks in advance.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
    ----Looks like the weather will not be cooperating to smoke it so..---- Any advice from any of you??

------
    A few drops of Liquid Smoke in the bag?

I do mine 5 hours at 141F

dcarch

Comment

Only reference I have says 134° or higher for 90 minutes to 6 hours(max). Prolly need to rinse the cure off and rebag.
      Sear should work fine.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Yeah, I think you'll need to rebag. I'd go with 134-140 for 2-3hours, then do the sear in the CI. You be good...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

These guys got ya covered. Any lower than 140 and the meat may have a mushy/gummy mouth feel due to less moisture loss

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll rinse and dry it and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours before I give it a bath. Anxious to see how it comes out.

This weather sucks.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Loin doesn't have a much connective tissue. I'd keep it under a few hours

Comment

Working...
              X