Hauling my YS640, mobility carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauling my YS640, mobility carrier?

Has anyone used a carrier for a mobility scooter to haul their grill/smoker? The kind that goes in your receiver hitch and has a ramp to roll it up on? The platform is an ideal size and the are usually rated at 500lbs., the Yoder is 440lbs. Seems to be the ideal answer if not buying a trailer.
    Last edited by SmoKan88; 02-23-2015, 10:34 AM.

image.jpg

Comment

If you can separate the electronics from the smoker, it should work
      sigpic
      New Braunfels Bandera
      New Braunfels Hondo
      4-22.5" Weber Kettles
      1-26" Weber Kettle
      24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
      Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

You have the YS1500? It should hold it, it's not a bad idea instead of buying a full trailer.

What is the tongue weight max of your vehicle?

Comment

YS640 on comp cart. And most class III & IV hitches are good for 1000lb tongue weight. My biggest concern was the YS640 with the competition cart is 440lbs and most carriers are rated at 500lbs. Purely by the numbers should be good to go. But sometime the maufactures push the limits of capacity for selling purposes. However those little scooters are not light and they are carried around every day. Guess I should look and see what those things actually weigh?
          Just hoping someone had actually done this before and could advise of any pitfalls of doing so.

Comment

Methinks it's the person and the carrier. Can't imagine a mobility chair weighing 500 lbs.

Well good luck. I think a used small trailer would be a better choice because you have more leeway with weight and more room to put stuff.

Good luck, keep us updated, I might have to do the same down the road with my 640.

Comment

Can't imagine forgetting grandma and leaving her on the mobility chair while driving down the road? Yahoooooo!!!!

Comment

well...ain't got an answer...seen so many gigs at Talladega...you name the style...
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Seems like aboot half the time I see one of those hitch mount carriers, they are canted/bent down 20* towards the pavement......just sayin
                  Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

^ that is one of my concerns and the reason for being hung up on the smoker weight being so close to the carrier capacity rating. I've seen the droopy ones you speak of. Some seem to have a thinner wall center support tube.
                    I think I am on the right track with the idea, I just may need to have one built to my specs.

Comment

Working...
                    X