A different style of Dingles Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different style of Dingles Shrimp

okay, i watched the hubert keller show on pbs, the smoking one.........and he did some smoked/marinated portabellas.....so we got some last weekend, and tried it out. Its a four day marinade, so when i put em in the marinade, didn't have a clue on how to use em. Keller used em in a silly french veggie dish, that just didn't appeal to us.

when we picked up the bellas, we also picked up some shrimp...........yesterday, when it was coming to crunch time, momma remmebered dingles shrimp. I thought that would be perfect. BUTT.......as i was putting em on the barbie, i thought, why not do a ALFREDO Dingles Shrimp. Glad we did....................

okay............so monday nite, we got out the portas and removed the stem and the gills...then brushed with olive oil on both sides..........

and then smoked em for bout 20 minutes. I had to smoke a dozen ears of corn, so thought it would be a good time to smoke the bellas

offa the smoker

then made up a marinade.............

1/2 cup of water
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1.5 of malt vinegar..........i didin't have malt, so used red wine vinegar
    salt/pepper

optional chopped rosemary

blend up good, put the shrooms in it, and marinade 3-4 daze

outta the marinade

cube em up for the alfredo sauce

okay onto the shrimp. put on the sticks, and some seasonings.......a mix we bout at the store for the flat iron steak we did last weekend

smoked em till done, bout 30 minutes or so. and then placed em in the glass dish.

the shrooms added to the alfredo sauce to heat up before pouring over the shimp.

poured over the shrimp

then the cheese.........any shredded cheese you have around..........

350 degree oven till cheese is all brownie and nicey

plated and parmesianed, with chebata cheese bread

enjoy

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Long process but great looking plate, WD! Thanks for sharing.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

yes it is, bout like twice smoked taters, but WELL worth the effort!

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Above and beyond Dude! I think the long process is half the fun. Looks great. Love the portabellas

Comment

Sounds great, looks great, nice job Dude!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X