Sous Vide NY Strip .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sous Vide NY Strip .....

So, been gone for three weeks, 30 yo daughter is a 7 year survivor of brain cancer and had to have two surgeries in her head 7 days apart. Makes an old man tired. So, the wife and I got home Saturday and hit the grocery store yesterday morning just to get the essentials from being gone so long. We walked past the meat counter and there was a 1# NY Strip just calling my name, plus it was on sale. We went home, seasoned it, bagged it and bathed it for about 3 hours at 129 degrees. About an hour prior we made up some smashed redskins and roasted carrots. All so easy for tired old people but oh so good! Seared the steak just a bit too long on one side, got a little browning of the meat, but for the effort it was a damn fine meal.

THE VICTIM
    [IMG][/IMG]

Seasoned with a little Kosher Salt and some Tatonka Dust
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bagged and Ready to Bathe at 129 degrees
    [IMG][/IMG]

On the plate ......
    [IMG][/IMG]

First cut ......
    [IMG][/IMG]

Oh yes ....... Tasty!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Looks Perfect from Here, Froggy!!!---------------

And prayers from here to your Daughter & all of your family!

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
      Looks Perfect from Here, Froggy!!!---------------

And prayers from here to your Daughter & all of your family!

Bear
      Thanks Bear! Took about 20 more years off my life so I've long outlived my time. But, once again she has beat the odds and is recovering nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
        Looks Perfect from Here, Froggy!!!
        Ditto! Prayers for your daughter, as well.
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Dang that looks great!! well done! or, rare done well!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Prayers to your daughter and you Mom and Dad... gotta be a rough road. But on the positive side, a fabulous looking meal!! Nice job!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That Sir is a thing of Beauty

Pete
              Large BGE
              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                Prayers to your daughter and you Mom and Dad... gotta be a rough road. But on the positive side, a fabulous looking meal!! Nice job!!
                Thanks Phil, it has been a very weird past 9 months, it has to let up sometime.
                I'm not sure what I'm cooking this coming weekend but it's getting warmer here and nice to be outside. I figure if I conjure up something that takes all day it will get the mind off everything else ...... great therapy and good food in the end as a bonus!

Comment

Looks great! I really like the sides. smashed taters and carrots, what a perfect meal!

Comment

First off, dat look great, real nice plate! I be all on over dat!

Originally posted by frog1369 View Post
                    Thanks Phil, it has been a very weird past 9 months, it has to let up sometime.
                    I'm not sure what I'm cooking this coming weekend but it's getting warmer here and nice to be outside. I figure if I conjure up something that takes all day it will get the mind off everything else ...... great therapy and good food in the end as a bonus!
                    Get you some therapy Mon! That a chitload of worry! Be aight! Ya need a briskit or some butts, sometin makes ya watch the smoke long time, relax, watch the smoke...repeat. Ummm, check temps once in a while....then repeat!

With ya Bud!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks pretty durn good to me! Kinda funny seeing the sharp divide between the pink and the brown isn't it? Like "Hey..how'd that happen?

And prayers for the dau... that's a tough row to hoe right there... for everyone.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Prayers...

Comment

Working...
                        X