How to debone a chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to debone a chicken

Well folks, I promised several of you that I would post a "how-to" debone a chicken tut, the next time I did it. Then I started thinking, deboning one of these is a mess. And though I wear nitrile gloves when I handle food, that doesn't make handling a camera at the same time any less messy. So I found a good video that is very close to the way I do it.
    I love dressing my chickens like this. If you bake them, you can really get a lot of stuffing in them.
    Sometimes when I do the "chiporken" (I love it), I cut the legs and drumettes off, and stuff them separately with whatever I am stuffing my ABT's with, then I sew up the end. They get done a little faster and make great "pit boss snacks."

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glbi4ovfbnU[/yt]
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 08-14-2009, 10:02 PM.

Tom

Thanks for fixing me up Ken.

Tom

Comment

thanks gunslinger.

neat video. always wonderd how it was done. I will try that and with the wild rice (bumped up) I do it the easy way. lol. boil the whole chic then let her cool a little and use a fork to rake the meat off the bones. makes good chic salad. among other things. green or red chicken enchiladas, green chicken burittos are a favorite around here as long as I keep the heat to a mild.

although, I much rather would have seen you in the kitchen with your apron on trying that.( I know you hit that cap lock alot by accident) and the paramedic would be on standby.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Myth Busters had a rite fine way a debonin a chicken, although it were a tad messy!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travcoman45 View Post
          Myth Busters had a rite fine way a debonin a chicken, although it were a tad messy!

I seen that... It would not be the best bird for presentation..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
            I seen that... It would not be the best bird for presentation..
            I saw that episode also. Maybe that'd be a good way to present it for this months contest.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X