reverse flow smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse flow smoker

I came across this for sale. Not sure I can justify other than I just want one. no lights on trailer but he said DOT said you dont need them if you can see vehicle lights. He just built it 4 months ago. He says he has built others. Pic looks nice. Does that sound like a decent price?

I've got a reverse flow smoker for sale. Cooking surface is 40"x30" fire box is 16X16X24. Stainless steel counter and tool box on the tongue. Made to haul behind any type of vehicle. Asking 1200 O.B.O.
    Last edited by zombini; 03-22-2015, 10:56 PM.
    sigpic
    GMG Daniel Boone
    UDS
    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
    Vision Kamado grill
    Weber Genesis Silver
    Smokin Tex
    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
    Maverick ET 732
    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
    2 orange ThermoPops
    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
    Vortex

A pic would help if you got one. I'd sure double check on the lights. I won't go into Iowa cause of the DOT. Not the most honest. Never dealt with them personally, but I've heard stories where they tell you, you don't need it, then the next day they give you a ticket for not having it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
      A pic would help if you got one. I'd sure double check on the lights. I won't go into Iowa cause of the DOT. Not the most honest. Never dealt with them personally, but I've heard stories where they tell you, you don't need it, then the next day they give you a ticket for not having it.
      sigpic
      GMG Daniel Boone
      UDS
      Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
      Vision Kamado grill
      Weber Genesis Silver
      Smokin Tex
      MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
      Maverick ET 732
      2 orange ThermoPops
      A-Maze-N Tube 18"
      A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
      Vortex

Comment

I have lights on mine but never use them...because I am towing behind a van and you can see all my tail lights. 100% OK everywhere? No idea. Bit I have never been hassled.

I'd question the gauge/thickness on that firebox. Don't want it twisting up on you. Perhaps it's braced? But a heavy plate is best for these for both stability and heat retention.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          I have lights on mine but never use them...because I am towing behind a van and you can see all my tail lights. 100% OK everywhere? No idea. Bit I have never been hassled.

I'd question the gauge/thickness on that firebox. Don't want it twisting up on you. Perhaps it's braced? But a heavy plate is best for these for both stability and heat retention.
          smoker is 5/16th and fire box is 10guage.........guess that's not good.
          sigpic
          GMG Daniel Boone
          UDS
          Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
          Vision Kamado grill
          Weber Genesis Silver
          Smokin Tex
          MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
          Maverick ET 732
          2 orange ThermoPops
          A-Maze-N Tube 18"
          A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
          Vortex

Comment

A little thin on the firebox. You need lights in Illinois and plates. Yes you can get away with out running either but if you just run across that one little town with the one little Napoleon complex officer, you have a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
              A little thin on the firebox. You need lights in Illinois and plates. Yes you can get away with out running either but if you just run across that one little town with the one little Napoleon complex officer, you have a ticket.
              Yea your exactly right! I think I will pass on this one. I cant really justify it anyway. It would just be fun to play with wood only sometime.
              sigpic
              GMG Daniel Boone
              UDS
              Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
              Vision Kamado grill
              Weber Genesis Silver
              Smokin Tex
              MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
              Maverick ET 732
              2 orange ThermoPops
              A-Maze-N Tube 18"