• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoder or Rectec??

Which is the way to go??

I'll be waiting for answers to this

Comment

Only you can decide that. You will find very satisfied owners of both. Good luck.
      sigpic
      GMG Daniel Boone
      UDS
      Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
      Vision Kamado grill
      Weber Genesis Silver
      Smokin Tex
      MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
      Maverick ET 732
      Brown and lime green ThermaPens
      2 orange ThermoPops
      A-Maze-N Tube 18"
      A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
      Vortex

Comment

Depends on budget?? Both will put out some good food. 1200 you could have a rec tec shipped to your door. About 1620 for a yoder 640 with second shelf and probe port shipped to your door. With the second shelf you will have a lot of extra room. If price isn't and issue I'd go with the yoder for multiple reasons(built like a tank, better quality, made in America, good customer service, and it looks better too in my opinion)
        Yoder YS480
        Maverick 732
        Tappecue
        Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikey View Post
          Depends on budget?? Both will put out some good food. 1200 you could have a rec tec shipped to your door. About 1620 for a yoder 640 with second shelf and probe port shipped to your door. With the second shelf you will have a lot of extra room. If price isn't and issue I'd go with the yoder for multiple reasons(built like a tank, better quality, made in America, good customer service, and it looks better too in my opinion)
          I've got a Rec Tec and I'm very happy, bought it because I was new to Pellets and wanted something of decent quality that wasn't going to break the bank. The difference in price for me with shipping, cover, etc was about $800 between the Yoder 640 and the Rec-Tec. Now that I know I am liking this pellet world and my age factored in, I figure about 5 years from now I'll push the Rec-Tec to one of the kids and buy the Yoder 640. That should last me until I can't cook anymore ....... I say if you know for sure you want to live a long time with pellets and you can afford it, get the Yoder, if you're on the fence and want to spend less I think you'll be very happy with the Rec-Tec, it puts out some good eats.

Comment

What r the reasons for yoder??

Comment

Originally posted by Tbk View Post
              I got no dog in the hunt.

I have seen both units. The Yoder is a more solid built thing. One would expect a longer service life perhaps.

The Rec is a performer as well. I just think in the long haul... the Yoder would be around longer, or have a better resale if it came to that.

Signed... a non-pellet user.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Tbk View Post
                It's better. We see many more Yoders in this forum and we have many experienced smokers here. That tells me that with research and experience and the track record of Yoder is better. The Yoders are always backlogged at the factory in Kansas (USA made) so many buy them, customer service is top notch. They always continue to make improvements that is included with each new one.

It costs more but is worth it.

YS640 with cover, grill grates, and second shelf was $1829, including shipping on a pallet from Kansas to Las Vegas ($218). Worth every penny.

Comment

I have a Yoder, love it. I have had it since Dec of 2011... No issues what so ever, have had question and service was top notch. Thing runs just like it did the day I bought it. Good luck!
                  Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Yoder makes some awesome stick burners...Just sayin...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                      Yoder makes some awesome stick burners...Just sayin...
                      yes indeed,,,
                      indeed they do...
                      ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                      ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        I got no dog in the hunt.

I have seen both units. The Yoder is a more solid built thing. One would expect a longer service life perhaps.

The Rec is a performer as well. I just think in the long haul... the Yoder would be around longer, or have a better resale if it came to that.

Signed... a non-pellet user.
                        Rich, I think you summed that up pretty nicely. I look at Rec-Tec/Yoder like I do Brinkmann/Weber gassers. I've had $500 Brinkmanns that after 5 years they were nearing end of life, couldn't get parts anymore, etc., now I have a Weber and compared to the Brinkmann, much better build, higher quality components, I expect much better life and resale value if needed. The Rec-Tec is built like a truck compared to Traeger and some others, the Yoder is a tank.

Comment

I looked at the RecTec when searching for a pellet smoker. I looked at just about everything out there and finally decided to get a Yoder YS640.

So after having it for a little over a month....I love MY Yoder.

I have been smoking on it for a couple times a week and am at my tenth cook on it.

FINALLY, I am getting it dialed in! Just prepped a Boston Butt for tomorrow that will be my final "practice" before hitting a brisket soon! Sunday I will be doing some ribs on it.

Both smokers have tons of followers but the deal breaker was the reviews and the fact that the Yoder was built like a tank!!!

You probably wouldn't go wrong with either.

Mike :)
                          Yoder YS640
                          Weber Genesis Gasser
                          Ugly Black Box (Great Outdoors Smokey Mt)

Comment

Wife and I have have a YS640 that we have had over 3 years and are very happy with it! We have no experience with any other pellet grill to compare it to, just wanted to share with you a for Yoder.
                            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                            X