Venison meatballs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venison meatballs

Man these are good. If you want to not taste any gamey flavor, trim off as much connective tissue off the meat as you can before grinding.

2 lbs fresh ground venison trim (you could sub a lean beef)

1 lb fresh ground pork butt

1 cup bread crumbs

3 eggs

salt, pepper, garlic,herbs and spices to taste

Mix all ingredients. Form into 3" diameter meatballs. let them firm up in the fridge for a while. Brown on med heat in a little olive oil on all sides. Simmer them in your favorite marinara for an hour or so. Makes about a dozen.
    Keith

I like the sound of those, and it is another excuse to pull out the meat grinder. Nice looking plate too.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Good looking meat balls. I'm out of venison but have plenty of ground elk left.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Good looking meat balls. I'm out of venison but have plenty of ground elk left
        I bet that would be good Keith!
        Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
          I bet that would be good Keith!
          C'mon up and I'll fix you up with some! I just took out 10 packages of elk steak from 2007 and made some great jerky over the weekend. Now I can start on the 2008 batch and hunting season is only 10 weeks away. Eat faster!
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks great Keith. I use my venison for meatballs all the time.

Now that the kids are gone, I'm not going through my venison as fast. They still come over and raid the freezer once in a while though. Lol. I've been focusing on using it before hunting. We make italian sausage out of some of ours and that gets used for the italian type dishes. I'm all out of it though, so have been meaning to try a few different mixes for meatballs.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Dude, that's off the chain.. I bet it was good...
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Just real purty, my son's can help ya with that fine plate!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looks good! Nothing like a cold meatball for a midnight snack!

Comment

Working...
                  X