X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowenzahnwein

Lowenzahnwein
    Germans from Russia - Dandelion Wine

We went out to the mountains today to do some fishing and looking around. It was cloudy and windy, but otherwise it was a good day, and we caught quite a few trout of the smoker.

At one place we stopped, we saw a lot of dandelions in full bloom:

This site reminded me of a Germans from Russia recipe for dandelion wine that I had seen:

I don't know if my grandfather ever made this wine; I don't remember ever seeing it, and I certainly don't remember drinking it. Having said that, it is a favourite of the local Hutterite colonies in this area, so I decided to give it a try and got to picking:

This will be my first wine project with the wine kit that The Beautiful Mrs. Tas got for me for my birthday:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/...fruit-winemaking-kit

We'll see how it goes; I'm expecting it to be good.
    Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
    Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Very interesting. I have heard of this but don't know of anyone doing it. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
    Good One Heritage Oven
    Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

I've heard of it, but never seen .....it!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

that is really cool! now that i rid me lawn of dandelions...rest assured know roundup or other evil stuff was used...Cheers! ferment gig on!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Curiosity has the best of me...
          Not so sure I wanna taste it though...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X