I picked a few beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I picked a few beans

Three 5 gallon pails of beans and a few onions. Going to process the beans.

My onions are starting to size up nicely

Canning Seasoned green Beans

Pick beans stem and wash, then run through a bean slicer

Pack into cans or jars add 1 tsp each of coarse salt, minced onion, minced sweet red pepper

Fill with boiling water to 1/2 inch from the rim

set lids on cans or jars

seal lids

place in pressure canner

Cook for 25 minutes at 10 psi

let pressure canner cool , open and remove cans to a cold water bath, for 20 minutes, wipe dry , label and store.
    Last edited by Big Guy; 08-18-2009, 12:01 PM.
    Col. Big Guy

Seems like the Lime Tree is producing rather dry fruit? ;{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Seems like the Lime Tree is producing rather dry fruit? ;{)
      Dang It was so hot up here I drank it right under the tree.
      Col. Big Guy

Comment

Dude that is outstanding. I got lots of leaves but no beans on my pole plants. Of course its been over 100 for a kajillion days in a row. Nice work!
        Keith

Comment

Never seen home canning done that way.. Nice.. I guess Im a cheap guy.. Just use the Ball jars..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
            Never seen home canning done that way.. Nice.. I guess Im a cheap guy.. Just use the Ball jars..
            what ken said....WOW what a setup..........tho that bean stripper looks labor intensive............

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

What WD said.....three 5 gal pails of beans and you have to slice them one at a time?? Think I'd be leavin 'em whole! Come to think of it, I've never seen a bean slicer.

Comment

Real can's....that is awesome Big Dude! Nice, veggie's.
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

They do make a bean french cutter, where you can stick a hanfull at a time through it. I have never tried one myself. Looks great Big Guy and I am another one who has never seen home canning done that way.

Comment

You are the man with the can Bud. Looks awsome. I take two to go please.lol
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

We picked 3 pails but only processed 1 1/2 pails that gave us 22 cans. We have 14 cans left over from last year and use about 18 cans a year.. They will get shipped out to the kids. The other beans go to a local store.
                      The bean slicer is very labour intensive, but we love the beans frenched.
                      Col. Big Guy

Comment

The rabbits shared with you! thats great. your canning machine is way cool.
                        You folks up north must have some hard winters and keep busy inside.
                        growing up in the tropics, there was never a need for this type of work. things grew year round. and here in New mexico. there still is no big need.
                        I do really apperciate what you do. and feel that I must learn to do these things.

thanks for sharing.
                        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

The winters are so hard-----They make me go to Florida for Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar.
                          Col. Big Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Guy View Post
                            The winters are so hard-----They make me go to Florida for Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar.
                            You an' Anne Murray ;{)

(Obscure Canuckian song reference)
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Ahh yes thee ol Snow Bird Song. She is a purty durn good singer.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              You an' Anne Murray ;{)

(Obscure Canuckian song reference)

Comment

Working...
                              X