Help with brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with brisket

I have the Brisket in the smoker @225f and it was now reached an internal of 150.My problem is that the color is a light brown color rather than black.For the rub i just used montreal steak spice.Im going to wait till it hits an internal of 165 and then im going to wrap it.This is my first brisket.Where did i go wrong and why is my brisket looking anemic?
    Last edited by Ronan; 05-31-2015, 11:31 AM.

Patience young Jedi. They all look like that for a while. Always cook to temp and everything will be just fine.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

My guess is you will see a deeper color in the next 15 degrees
      sigpic

Comment

Think its hit the stall so im going to wait it out till the color improves then wrap it.

Comment

You will get the nice bark that you want. Also, you do not have to foil it until the bark is where you want it. Half of the time I don't even foil the brisket & it comes out wonderful. I foil 'em when I want them to finish sooner. Your bark will show soon. Good luck.
          MES 30"
          A-Maze-N pellet smoker
          Weber 22" kettle
          E-Z-Que rotisserie
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Big Weber Gasser
          Cracker Smoker
          UDS

Comment

What kind of smoker are you using? If it's a pellet pooper or electric the bark may not get as dark. Other than that they got pointed right.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I have got a Vision Pro kamado style smoker.I used 4 number 2"x2" chunks of oak and 1 similar chunk of maple.

Comment

Darker bark on it now.Its now wrapped in a double layer of foil and back on the smoker.What temp do you guys usually take it from the smoker.I have read anywhere from 190-205.

Comment

When the probe slips in like butter in many spots, then it's done. 200+ usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan View Post
                    Darker bark on it now.Its now wrapped in a double layer of foil and back on the smoker.What temp do you guys usually take it from the smoker.I have read anywhere from 190-205.
                    Are you planning to slice or pull it...
                    190-195 should slice nicely...
                    205 for pulling...

Usually I cook mine to 205. rest in the cooler for a coulpe hours, and refrigerate overnight...Slice cold and reheat...Best of both worlds in my opinion...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Im looking to slice it

Comment

Well it sounds like you got it figured out...
                        Its gonna be great...
                        Only advice now is make sure to slice it against the grain...
                        Even perfectly cooked brisket will be tough if sliced wrong...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks everybody for your imput

Comment

That's what we're here for...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

It has hit 203 and i stabbed it with the thermometer and it was as soft as butter.I have wrapped it back up in the foil,wrapped two towels around that and now is sitting in a beer cooler where it will stay for the next hour.My god im hungry now.

Comment

Working...
                              X