Score!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score!!!

Well, there was a severe lack of beer in my kegerator so I took a trip on down to my favored keg dispensary, aka liquor store. I can fit a sixth barrel & a half barrel inside my kegerator.
    In looking at what was available, I picked up one of my favorites in a sixth, Four Peaks Brewing Hop Knot IPA.

And then, on sale were three half barrels of Anderson Valley Brewing's Winter Solstice Ale...

Now this brew normally retails for $202 a half barrel!!!
    They had it on sale for $85... The owner sold it to me for $75!!!
    I got it home & threw it in the KILLER KEGERATOR & couldn't wait for it to chill & settle down so I poured myself a foam filled (expected) pint. Very tasty. It has a hint of vanilla & chocolate with a wee bit of spice - no real hop bite to speak of. It is listed at 6.9% ABV so it is not what I would call a session brew. I only wish I had cooler space to pick up another one of these. Cheers!!!

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Buy another fridge!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

now ya got me calculatin the specific gravity to alcohol...bad want to get in the brew gig...told...you get that sous vide under control!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
        now ya got me calculatin the specific gravity to alcohol...bad want to get in the brew gig...told...you get that sous vide under control!
        Chit mike, you ever get up to speed on snausage?
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Sounds like a great deal!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
            I only wish I had cooler space to pick up another one of these. Cheers!!!
            Dude... Your a Refrigeration Guy... Build one!!! Or make a small WIC in your garage and install a window unit and then install a Cool Bot to keep costs down..
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I need me a killer kegerator!
              sigpic
              BGE XL
              BGE Mini
              MAK 1 star #385
              Bradley OBS w/Mods
              Weber 22.5 WSM
              Weber 22.5 Kettle
              Pit Barrel Cooker
              La Caja China
              Mini-WSM

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                Dude... Your a Refrigeration Guy... Build one!!! Or make a small WIC in your garage and install a window unit and then install a Cool Bot to keep costs down..
                This is why he is the boss.
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Heh, heh... good point Ken!!!
                  I do actually have a lightly used 1/3 hp condensing unit sitting around bhut I would have to come up with not only the evaporator bhut the space as well. Don't think I haven't entertained the idea before.

Paul

My --->
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Sam3 View Post
                    I need me a killer kegerator!
                    All you need is an old fridge & a few parts - easy build. You don't have to get as elaborate as I did to get some ice cold draft brew at home. If you are interested I can steer you in the right direction. Let me know.

My --->
                    Paul

Comment

I use an old fridge for a kegerator. Two hombrews on tap now: Weizen and Phat Tyre (clone).
                      ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Working...
                      X