"root beer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "root beer"

So my buddy at work says, pick some of this stuff up, and try it with ice cream!

I get to my fav beer store,,,guy says, "hey try it over ice cream or freeze it into a slushy and drink it nearly frozen."

Anybody tried that????

http://smalltownbrewery.com/our-beer...ied=6ed688eb55

Originally posted by redruff View Post
    So my buddy at work says, pick some of this stuff up, and try it with ice cream!

I get to my fav beer store,,,guy says, "hey try it over ice cream or freeze it into a slushy and drink it nearly frozen."

Anybody tried that????

http://smalltownbrewery.com/our-beer...ied=6ed688eb55
    I would like to, love root beer. But I thought it was a link to root beer schnapps, it bout made me sick. Yeah drinking a bottle of that straight shortly after high school cures one of ever wanting it again.
    sigpic

Comment

I know some folks who would love that stuff...
      I kinda like to keep my beer tasting like beer...
      Yeah...beer flavored beer...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
        Yeah drinking a bottle of that straight shortly after high school cures one of ever wanting it again.
        That happened to me but it was sloe gin.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Great stuff, nothing like Schnapps. More like good old fashioned root beer.

Cold glass yes.....over ice cream.....I guess, but i never try to mix the two.

There are somethings that I just like to eat separated.

Comment

Well I personally live by Reinheitsgebot, buy I might try it!

I think we will make someone slam one every time the Blackhawks score! But then we wont know which one is making them sick! bawahahah see what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              I know some folks who would love that stuff...
              I kinda like to keep my beer tasting like beer...
              Yeah...beer flavored beer...
              What he said!
              Sure sounds interesting, they have it at the Bevmo down south by Cabana boy, I have requested he pick some up prior to coming up next weekend, so hopefully we will get a chance to try it! thanks for the post.

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I was introduced to this stuff this past weekend at a local cook off I was judging. Apparently it just started being stocked in the stores around these parts. I picked some up and I gotta say, it is pretty good. 5.9% alky-hall....But Damn...$11.00 a six pack.
                Arron W.

YS 640
                Primo Oval XL
                Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
                Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
                Weber Copper Top
                Old Smokey
                Orion
                Gasser
                2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
                24" Disco with custom burner
                Red Thermapen
                2-Maverick ET-733
                Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
                sigpic

Comment

Saw it at costco the other day... to much for me to "try"... will wait for a better deal sometime...
                  Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

No doubt I'd like it.

In the past, after 12 or 18 bottles of Beer, I was known to get a couple of what we called "Half & Half" Beer & Birch Beer to finish the night more gently.

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I've had a sip of this and it was really good! Not sure it's for me though cause I don't think I could drink more than one cause of the sweetness. I like to have a couple beers a night, hell I'm at 5 right now. No I don't have a problem The taste I got was it's more of an after meal drink than one you just keep drinking and drinking and drinking. Natty up
                      sigpic

Comment

I did have Cabana Boy bring this up from our Pasadena BevMO, it is so GOOD!
                        We just came back from a WINCO run in Fresno and they also had it we picked up a case - BUT you cannot leave this around little kids - this tastes just like root beer, no joke and the alcohol content is 5.9% Its YUMMY!!! it would not be a good thing to have a little a boogered up thinking it was root beer!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Damn....

I thought we be talkin' Root Beer here

Kinds had me hopes up
                          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                            I would like to, love root beer. But I thought it was a link to root beer schnapps, it bout made me sick. Yeah drinking a bottle of that straight shortly after high school cures one of ever wanting it again.
                            Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                            That happened to me but it was sloe gin.
                            Happened to me with gin... never again can I even look at a bottle of that chit!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I guess my only question would be-: does it taste like normal root beer ? ie: like tcp antiseptic ? Gopping, horrible and totally disgusting :-)

root beer flavoured jellybelly jelly benas are the only ones I spit out, obviously you try not to put them in your mouth in the first place but the colour is similiar to several other flavours and my colour perception isn't perfect
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X