Turkey breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey breast

I need a little help please. I have a 9 pound turkey breast that is sitting in a brine. My smoking guide says 200-225 for 5-6 hours. So, what temperature should I set the smoker to and about how long should I plan on smoking the bird? I hate these "about" times and temperatures. Dinner has to be at 5:30 (ranch life ). Thank you.

I would follow your recipe, and try to have it done about an hour early, just to make sure. Then double wrap it in foil and place it in a cooler with towels over it. It will stay hot for a long time.
    sigpic

Comment

I think I would go higher on the temp say 275-300 and probe for internal temp, 165 in the breast then foil and into a cooler till dinner still should be hot and moist because you brined
      Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
      Weber 22.5" WSM
      Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
      Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
      Weber Smokey Joe
      GMG Daniel Boone
      Pit Barrel Cooker
      Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
      6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
      Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
      The Vortex

Comment

Yeah get it dome early, let rest in cooler... all will be fine... I too like a slightly higher temp...245-255 for a bird without a skin to worry about...
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I like to do 'em at 300 or so. Skin is nice & I pull it around 162* & wrap it up.
          MES 30"
          A-Maze-N pellet smoker
          Weber 22" kettle
          E-Z-Que rotisserie
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Big Weber Gasser
          Cracker Smoker
          UDS

Comment

I smoked the bird at about 225 degrees for about 7 hours (wind and thunderstorms caused the long time). I took the bird out at 170 degrees and it was amazing! The meat was so moist and wonderful! Served with homemade cranberry sauce, mashed taters and gravy, and a salad. Great dinner on a stormy and cool night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranchwife View Post
              I smoked the bird at about 225 degrees for about 7 hours (wind and thunderstorms caused the long time). I took the bird out at 170 degrees and it was amazing! The meat was so moist and wonderful! Served with homemade cranberry sauce, mashed taters and gravy, and a salad. Great dinner on a stormy and cool night.
              Glad it worked out and it sounds delicious. Took me awhile to get used to what I am about to say, because I am a planner. YOU MUST learn to cook by temp. The food is done when it reaches the appropriate temp. Don't worry about time it'll just mess you up. Like the others have said a wrap in foil, towels and into a cooler works well.

Comment

Working...
              X