Jerk sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerk sausage

Mixed up some Jamaican Jerk seasoning with pork, added Jalapenos, Pineapple and Pineapple juice. Stuffed in Hog casings. Grilled a couple last night, tonight a few go into the smoker. Sounds unusual, but were very good. This sausage making thing appears to be addicting........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fishawn; 08-19-2009, 03:57 PM.
    sigpic

Sounds good, I'll PM ya my addy. Some dry ice and a stout box should be good. I'll post a review once I sample ;-)
    ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

You are going to turn into a great big weiner, dude.
      Them sausages look great. Way to think outside the casing.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by ptt49er View Post
        Sounds good, I'll PM ya my addy. Some dry ice and a stout box should be good. I'll post a review once I sample ;-)
        What he said,
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Man I love all the experimentation. That poor grinder of yours hasn't cooled down in 2 weeks. Looks like a tasty sausage.
          Keith

Comment

I have to admit, when you start something new your in waist deep... Nice sausage idea.. Looks like we have another sausage head amongst our members...

Congrats on becoming one of the sausage heads here..
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man...nice idea! Gotta click dem scale's!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Scott another great looking sausage now you will have to master the razor clam sausage and let me know the recipe LOL

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

LOL.... Huey, the Razor Clam sausage is outta my class..... It actually does not sound too appealing to me. I will stick to stuff like possum, mole & crow for now..... BUT!.... maybe one night, I got some Razor's vac packed in the freezer....
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's a couple off the Grill. Next time more Jalepeno's! Yes, the plate is PINK!
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice! I WILL caution you on the pineapple/ juice and it's enzymes. Turns meat to mush in time... but I bet the flavor is good. Eat it up!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

hmmmmm, never thought about the acidity or enzymes in the Pineapple. They will be grilled up at the Fantasy Football draft party in 2 weeks. Hopefully they will still be good. As always Rich, thanks for looking out for us newbies.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. Its funny how quick you want to jump from making a couple basic recipes to get your feet wet and go to experimenting and trying new stuff.
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
                          X