If I had to choose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I had to choose....

I would normally pick fresh over frozen no matter what it was. However...the local grocery (Price Chopper-for those in the area) has chicken quarters frozen in ten pound bags for $.39/lb Just thought I would get your take on fresh vs. frozen. I believe the quarters are usually $1.59/lb when fresh. If I can get ten lbs for under $4 I'm thinkin well worth it???

We had a similar deal at a joint here in Chicago last weekend, and I grabbed a bag for a party we had. IMHO they aint terrible, but they aint as good as fresh. Kinda a get what ya pay for deal. But if yer feedin yer inlaws like I was, then what the heck right?

2 Weber Kettles
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
    Brinkman ECB
    Charbroil 940X
    Project UDS
    Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

For that price, you have to give that a shot especially since you know how to smoke it up. Good find
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm gettin a bag. Price is right

Comment

We rarely get fresh round here, use the frozen ones alot. Never have any troubles with em.
          sigpic

Comment

frozen 10lbs of quarters are always that prce here. they cook up just fine.
            brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
            18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
            cast iron Hibachi
            22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
            & rotisserator
            12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
            stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
            Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
            http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
            my music recordings-
            http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Grab one and check it out. A few years back we had a place that sold it like that. .29/Lbs. Quarters with rib bones still on it. I think it was rejects, because there were some broken bones and a few small feathers still in the skin. Don't be surprised if that's what you find. If you aren't afraid of a little extra work, it's a great way to save some money. Besides that stuff works great for stock or soups.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
              X