Yoder or Smokin Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoder or Smokin Brothers

From what I read the Yoder has the lead on the RecTec but for me to get one I will have to take a long drive or pay the shipping cost since I am in central Indiana. But what about the Yoder versus the Smokin Brothers ( which are carried locally) Any Comparison ? Thanks

I wish I could help, I am sure someone will be along shortly that can shed some light on this for you.. Welcome to Smoked-Meat...
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Can't comment on the Smoking Brothers one but I love my Yoder.. Since I got it a few months ago it gets used multiple times a week and has been running great!
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis Gasser
      Ugly Black Box (Great Outdoors Smokey Mt)

Comment

I have a Yoder 640. Can't be beat.

Comment

I love my Yoder too. dont know much about the other one.
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I have had my Yoder for over 3 years, product is great and company support is great. Not sure what else to add except that it cooks great Q.
            Yoder YS640
            Weber E-310
            Maverick ET-732

Comment

All I can say is, I love my ys640. I can't say for the smokin brothers, but looking at the website for them, on the model compared to the ys640...the weight alone is half the yoder. That throws up a flag for me. Probably very thin metal used in the smokin brothers. I could see a problem with maintaining heat control with a thin skin. Just my 2 cents.
              Arron W.

YS 640
              Primo Oval XL
              Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
              Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
              Weber Copper Top
              Old Smokey
              Orion
              Gasser
              2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
              24" Disco with custom burner
              Red Thermapen
              2-Maverick ET-733
              Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
              sigpic

Comment

zap back to Conundrum.......

The Yoder is built like a TANK!

The YS640 is 400 lbs....there is a reason for that.

American made, heavy gauge, etc.....

Again I love mine!
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis Gasser
                Ugly Black Box (Great Outdoors Smokey Mt)

Comment

IMO you cannot go wrong with the Yoder. I love mine and have enjoyed many wonderful meals as a result. Built like a tank and holds temps very well. If you can afford it, get a YS1500 as it will give you more of a stick burner flavor profile with its HMS (heat management system) and it is large enough for most cooks that you can think of. If budget is more of a concern, the YS640 is the best bang for the buck versatile cooker that you can get. I've had my YS640 for 3 years and love the quality, craftsmanship and efficiency of it. Either way you simply cannot go wrong.
                  Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                  Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                  A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                  A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                  Frogmats
                  Maverick ET 732
                  Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

I tried to find some reviews on the Smoking Brothers on the web. VERY little out there, very little on user inputs, no professional (except marketing hype). So I can't say much.

Yes, the Yoder 640 is pricey and add shipping, grill grates (awesome addition for steaks), cover etc. But it has wide usage, and even in Australia, some have made it to Denmark/Germany etc. You can't go wrong with it. I'm glad I got the best one for sure. They keep making it better too, new burn grate, better wheels, keep updating the software. That has been a while since they pretty much got it perfected U28 is the latest.

It's shipped on a pallet and is about 400 lbs delivered on a lift truck. It's solid and will last forever.

Comment

+1 Yoder!
                      Yoder YS480
                      Yoder Cheyenne
                      Weber Kettle w/ Rotissieri
                      Kettlepizza

Comment

Go with the Yoder. There is no one out there that even comes close to the support that they give. Between Yoder's Support, ATBBQ, the Yoder Community Forums and the Yoder YS Pellet Grill fan page on Facebook just in support alone it is worth the expense.

I researched just about every pellet smoker out there. My local BBQ store carries five different brands but offered to order my Yoder and deliver it to my house for free from his store. He is not a Yoder dealer because there is one an hour from me and another in Dover DE but I went with ATBBQ. By ordering a half pallet of pellets with my YS640, shipping was reasonable and I paid less than $12 a bag for BBQ Delight Apple pellets. Good luck in whatever you decide.
                        Yoder YS640
                        Weber Genesis Copper E310
                        VacMaster Pro 260
                        2 Mavericks ET732
                        Blue Thermapen
                        6" & 12" AMNTS
                        Q-MATS
                        "Yoder YS Pellet Grills (Fan Page)" on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by dsgarner06 View Post
                          IMO you cannot go wrong with the Yoder. I love mine and have enjoyed many wonderful meals as a result. Built like a tank and holds temps very well. If you can afford it, get a YS1500 as it will give you more of a stick burner flavor profile with its HMS (heat management system) and it is large enough for most cooks that you can think of. If budget is more of a concern, the YS640 is the best bang for the buck versatile cooker that you can get. I've had my YS640 for 3 years and love the quality, craftsmanship and efficiency of it. Either way you simply cannot go wrong.
                          Tell me more about this heat management system. And the flavor profile difference is that noticeable? I'll be making a yoder purchase eventually and I want to do it right. The 1500 is considerably more and I'm curious if most food really tastes that much better on it. I'll be a backyard cooker not out at comps.
                          If the 1500 is where it's at maybe I'll do that.

One other quick question. Exactly how much work is a true wood burner. I like the yoder Durango 20 that also has the chamber on the side where you can hang food. I def see the value in that. A yoder pellet in that style would be sick. I'm thinking the wood burners probably require a lot of work constantly feeding them and keeping temps stable. Definately not a set and forget it for 12 hours like a pellet one huh?

Comment

I have had a YS640 for about a month and I'm loving it. I had to take a leap of faith in buying it despite never having seen one in person. Can't comment on the Smokin' Brothers but you can't go wrong with a Yoder.

Comment

I have a Reverse Flow Stick Burner. I start it with 1/2 a bag of charcoal (to heat up the smoker). Once I put the meat on, I start adding wood. it takes anywhere from 6 to 12 sticks of wood, depending on what meat is being smoked and the time it takes.

HTH

Steve
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X