no pic sous vide chuck roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no pic sous vide chuck roast

ok...sorry no pics but my last gourmet dog roast over the vortex recieved 2 comments so why bother but still wanted to share. Im no photagrapher and my cooks sometimes, like today was after refreshment friends left. Sous Vide is forgiving in this way. My wife of 43 years is not your typical go along with hubby wife. She is in the I'm against it club. Why do you need another smoker or boat motor or what the F$%U is sous vide. Anyway I did the 130 F chuck roast in the Anova for 26 hours and then a quick sear and she is now a believer. She was pleased as punch with the steak like texture of the meat and tenderness. Probably not going to use everyday but I see it being used. She wanted me to throw something else in.
    sigpic
    GMG Daniel Boone
    UDS
    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
    Vision Kamado grill
    Weber Genesis Silver
    Smokin Tex
    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
    Maverick ET 732
    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
    2 orange ThermoPops
    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
    Vortex

Hehe, dude... my Mom was..and still is... raving about a simple strip steak SV'd. Yep..yer onto something. Ok...so I suppose it DID happen...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Sounds like you got a believer! I will try the SV someday
      Nice job! Cook to make em happy I say
      sigpic

Comment

I've had posts where I got zero comments. It's all good. Wish you would've posted just one pic though..
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Just did my first SV cook too. I did the filet and wife was really please.. I want to do a strip like Rich said... That will make her a true believer cause she always says they are tough.. She expects filet every time. bet the Chuck came out nice!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
            Just did my first SV cook too. I did the filet and wife was really please.. I want to do a strip like Rich said... That will make her a true believer cause she always says they are tough.. She expects filet every time. bet the Chuck came out nice!
            Actually my first SV was a good strip steak. I kind of messed it up. My pan was not smoking hot for the quick sear and the steak ened up being more medium cooked versus the medium rare we like. This did not set well with the wife who normally cooks the steaks. ( i thought it was good) Also it was not any more tender than normal. It was in for 2 or 3 hours at 129F. I guess for more tenderness I will have to leave in the pot a little longer just not sure how long yet.
            sigpic
            GMG Daniel Boone
            UDS
            Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
            Vision Kamado grill
            Weber Genesis Silver
            Smokin Tex
            MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
            Maverick ET 732
            2 orange ThermoPops
            A-Maze-N Tube 18"
            A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
            Vortex

Comment

Yeah, I guessing linger time is needed... Hey time to play.. That is the fun... Get a vortex... That thing gets hot!!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you have an SV convert/believer now! Congrats!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sounds like a tasty chuck. I say sounds because, well, no pics and all.

Originally posted by zombini View Post
                  ok...sorry no pics but my last gourmet dog roast over the vortex recieved 2 comments so why bother.
                  Gourmet dog roast?? Had to go look that up.

Okay, it was hot dogs. Albeit, good lookin' hot dogs. but hot dogs just the same.

All kidding aside, don't worry if you don't get a lot of comments on a thread. It comes and goes. Don't read too much into it.

Dave
                  CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                  -
                  "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                    Sounds like a tasty chuck. I say sounds because, well, no pics and all.

Gourmet dog roast?? Had to go look that up.

Okay, it was hot dogs. Albeit, good lookin' hot dogs. but hot dogs just the same.

All kidding aside, don't worry if you don't get a lot of comments on a thread. It comes and goes. Don't read too much into it.

Dave
                    ok heres the SV strip steak...no chuckie pics though........the hot dog thing was kind of a joke and I forgot my smiley in this post when I referenced it.
                    sigpic
                    GMG Daniel Boone
                    UDS
                    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                    Vision Kamado grill
                    Weber Genesis Silver
                    Smokin Tex
                    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                    Maverick ET 732
                    2 orange ThermoPops
                    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                    Vortex

Comment

ok...sorry no pics but my last gourmet dog roast over the vortex recieved 2 comments so why bother but still wanted to share.
                      Yeah, you just never know what will tickle everybody's reply button. I have posted crap that I thought would get one or two comments that went on for three pages. I have also posted some detailed posts with tons of pictures and details that only got a couple of nice job replys. So keep putting them out there...

It was in for 2 or 3 hours at 129F.
                      I do mine at 125°. That leaves some wiggle room for a nice sear.
                      A few of my favorite things:
                      Good Whiskey
                      Good Food
                      Bad Girls
                      sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
                      Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

ok heres the SV strip steak...

Gonna have to look into that SV thingie . . .

Dave
                        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                        -
                        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

That looks just aboot...perfect
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

The only Posts the Bear doesn't comment on are the ones he doesn't see, which has been quite a few lately.

However it's got to have something special to get points, without a picture!!!

All I can say is this thread would be better in our future SV Forum.

Bear
                            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

ok heres the SV strip steak...no chuckie pics though........the hot dog thing was kind of a joke and I forgot my smiley in this post when I referenced it.
                              NICE!! That looks perfect!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X