• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGP Mods

Finally finished the mods on the beast.

3 new thermos

The stack extention made a big diff.

And now to test out the tuning plates. Did a few burns just to get oil off the metal but from what i could see the temps have never been more even across the boad.

Thank you Hawg for all your advice.

Gonna test it out on a turkey today.

Herb
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Looks good sir! Maybe ya should sand down that firebox and give 'er a couple coats of Hi-temp paint to keep the rust away... last alot longer that way!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Looks good sir! Maybe ya should sand down that firebox and give 'er a couple coats of Hi-temp paint to keep the rust away... last alot longer that way!
      It's on the list Rich.
      Chargriller Pro w. sfb
      Ducane 4100 propane grill
      Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Looking good Herb. I think your turkey is going to be much happier cooking at nice even temps. mmm...mm
        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Looks real good. I have been waiting for the local Lowes to have their summer clearance sale. So far the Pro is down to $137.00 and the side box is $ 39.00. The girl in that department told me to watch about the second week in September for a good deal. Would you believe that's when the Christmas stuff gets put out. She seems to think they should go for about 40 or 50 percent off list. Should be able to buy the pair for about $110.00. Looked on the storage shelf and they have lots! Have been following the mods with great interest. Good job!

CharGriller Pro w/FSB and HawgHeaven Mods
          Bradley Jim Beam Digital W/Heater Mod (950 Watts now ) Weber Genesis Silver "A" w/Smoker Box and a Big Black UDS

Comment

I really like the difference the chimney extension made on my offset. I haven't done tuning plates yet though. Nice job on the mods.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Don't forget Herb, Lynsey is picking the color, right...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
              X